Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Xavi will have a high potential core of the type of midfielders for his brand of football.

The task will be for the board to boost this with offensive players who can make the difference. A difficult task with our budget.

mc_lovin

Quite simple, at worst, Xavi maintains Barca's distance from the best teams in Europe. Got nothing to do with personalities or playstyles.

Which I guess is an argument for Xavi?

My post was aimed at Barcilliant's cycle of failure though, which is down to the likes of Koeman, Valverde and Setien (+the inability to transition successfully, aka Barto). Xavi is not the continuity of these guys in style or personality.

akaranzo

He will be an epic failure, his philosophy is boring, naive and obsolete

His philosophy is great - it's exactly what Barca is about. We will always play possession based football, no matter what the current ''meta'' of the football world is. That's what makes us who we are. But the problem with Xavi is his inexperience, I have severe doubts whether he can bring his philosophy to life at Barca with his little experience and with the state that we're in right now. Regardless, I hope for the best.

Raketa10

He will be an epic failure, his philosophy is boring, naive and obsolete

Than go and watch Liverpool mate. Barca philosophy after Cruyff was always about the possession and having the control of the game. If you like fast and direct style of play than Klopp is your man.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

His philosophy is not great unless it works.

A Xavi that thinks Barca played well when get hammered 4-0 by Bayern as had more of ball is last thing Barca need.

Xavi needs to have moved with the 'meta' of world football as all coaches ever have had to do and react to it.

Raketa10

His philosophy is not great unless it works.

A Xavi that thinks Barca played well when get hammered 4-0 by Bayern as had more of ball is last thing Barca need.

Xavi needs to have moved with the 'meta' of world football as all coaches ever have had to do and react to it.

When did he say that?

JamDav1982

When did he say that?

He thinks the fact Bayern could not take the ball off Barca in the 4-0 years ago was in any way relevant as if Barca did well in that aspect.

Ridiculous comment when Bayern played into those kind of claims from Barca and knowing how they would play and exploited it.

jairzinho

His philosophy is great - it's exactly what Barca is about. We will always play possession based football, no matter what the current ''meta'' of the football world is. That's what makes us who we are. But the problem with Xavi is his inexperience, I have severe doubts whether he can bring his philosophy to life at Barca with his little experience and with the state that we're in right now. Regardless, I hope for the best.

Xavi's appointment (like some before) is based on emotions rather than logic. Logically you would go for the coach with the best CV, experience, track record. In this case though, Xavi has an emotional connection with the club and fans. Fans love him. Most want him as the coach, regardless if he hasn't even coached a minute of top level football in his life. Only thing that matters is he's Xavi. He has Barca dna. He's cominng home. Best coach in the world. The new pep. :lol:

Bobo32

Xavi's appointment (like some before) is based on emotions rather than logic. Logically you would go for the coach with the best CV, experience, track record. In this case though, Xavi has an emotional connection with the club and fans. Fans love him. Most want him as the coach, regardless if he hasn't even coached a minute of top level football in his life. Only thing that matters is he's Xavi. He has Barca dna. He's cominng home. Best coach in the world. The new pep. :lol:

You are trying to make fun of those wanting Xavi. You misrepresent us.
According to your "logic", neither Rijkaard or Pep or Lucho would be even considered for the spot.

delancey

I?d rather take a chance on someone like Xavi than go with a proven albeit boring and defensive minded coach like Conte! Barcelona does not defend by parking the bus against strong opposition. We defend by maintaining possession and continuously having our eye on scoring a goal. Yes yes, these days we?re lucky to even score one goal, but hopefully that will change. That?s our philosophy, and it should be respected and cherished. We need to get our confidence back, bring in a midfielder with vision (that killer pass), and another attacker who has an eye for goal. That, coupled with a strong leader, and I am confident we can change this shitty situation around.

jairzinho

You are trying to make fun of those wanting Xavi. You misrepresent us.
According to your "logic", neither Rijkaard or Pep or Lucho would be even considered for the spot.

Actually, I want him to come here and succeed, since I'm a fan myself. But he's going to have a way tougher task this time, compared to Lucho, Rijkaard and Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans