Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

I hope it works out with him, but I just think he needs a break from football to decompress before taking up such a challenge.

vegitot

So nice to see Xavi so active and instructing his team at all times, he's almost on the pitch! :p I see a lot of Pep in him in that regard, just as in love and border line obsessed with the game 24/7. That's what we need, someone who is in it 100% and will be looking for tactical solutions all the time, always thinking of how to improve the team.
And his team bottles a win in last minute vs 10 man. Not a result you want to see vs Benfica though.

Xavi confirms this deal but it all depends on two clubs.

Messi983

Expected this would be a problem...

The Qatari sheikhs do not like Bar?a's relationship with Saudi Arabia. They did not like that the Maradona Cup will be played there. Mateu Alemany and Rafa Yuste offered them to speak to the president via a video call, but they declined.— @EsportsRAC1

Messigician

Expected this would be a problem...

The Qatari sheikhs do not like Bar?a's relationship with Saudi Arabia. They did not like that the Maradona Cup will be played there. Mateu Alemany and Rafa Yuste offered them to speak to the president via a video call, but they declined.? @EsportsRAC1

Trust

fergus90

Barca itself has been an epic failure for a couple of years and even longer in Europe, so at worst he's just continuing the current trajectory.

Barcilliant

Barca itself has been an epic failure for a couple of years and even longer in Europe, so at worst he's just continuing the current trajectory.

Which is exactly why we shouldnt hire him. We need to break this cycle of failure.
I think Laporta knows this. He's giving the fans what they want but feels Xavi is not upto it. If Xavi fails Laporta will bring in the coach he really wants.

mc_lovin

Not sure how Xavi would continue our trajectory when the last three coaches were polar opposites. It will definitely be something new. Whether it will be successful or not is a different story, but it's a fresh approach.

fergus90

Not sure how Xavi would continue our trajectory when the last three coaches were polar opposites. It will definitely be something new. Whether it will be successful or not is a different story, but it's a fresh approach.

Quite simple, at worst, Xavi maintains Barca's distance from the best teams in Europe. Got nothing to do with personalities or playstyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans