Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's all but official.

Hardly efficient though. Should have been worked out months ago how they need to structure a potential release rather than analyse the fuck out of it now, while flying to Doha and begging for discounts lol

Don?t blame him too much because a lot of it is inheritance he can?t do much about. But he?s the antithesis of proactive. He does things (sack Koeman impulsively on the plane) and then works out the details. Doesn?t prepare and begs authorities to let him off the hook

Porque

Theres two sides of the negotiation though and Al Sadd have Xavi contracted until 2023.

If you want to blame anyone, then blame Xavi for signing a 2 year extension in friggin May.

In the end, Al Sadd have no reason to give up the 5m bar it explicitly stating Xavi can walk for free to Barcelona. But anyways, the rumoured structure benefits everybody. Barcelona get Xavi without paying, Al Sadd get a Barcelona friendly in Qatar without paying unlike the Saudi's, and to use Xavi as ambassador until the WC. Win-Win-Win.

El Gato

Villarato!
Why would you blame him for it?
He's done the right thing and stayed coaching elsewhere before accepting a big job.
Now Barca fans are pissed because Laporta found himself with pants down and has to go and beg a less confrontational manager to take over

Laporta wanted Xavi but doesnt even know why he wants him. Was even scared to sack and work out the deal back in spring/summer because of how it might work with Messi and the rest of his former teammates, which Xavi himself was clearly not keen on either.

It's terrible leadership with zero foresight, intelligence, planning.
Font at least was overt in saying he wants Xavi because of x, y and z (even if it was a dogmatic plan appealing to old sympathies).
Laporta has no clue, nada.

SmilerBam

Why would you blame him for it?
He's done the right thing and stayed coaching elsewhere before accepting a big job.
Now Barca fans are pissed because Laporta found himself with pants down and has to go and beg a less confrontational manager to take over

Laporta wanted Xavi but doesnt even know why he wants him. Was even scared to sack and work out the deal back in spring/summer because of how it might work with Messi and the rest of his former teammates, which Xavi himself was clearly not keen on either.

It's terrible leadership with zero foresight, intelligence, planning.
Font at least was overt in saying he wants Xavi because of x, y and z (even if it was a dogmatic plan appealing to old sympathies).
Laporta has no clue, nada.
Yeah you are right about the current Laporta, but i know deep down you say all of this because Laporta was the man who bought Madrid on their knees like no one before. Who can forget the constant humiliation his reign bought to madridistas? I know i can't. ;)

Bobo32

https://twitter.com/allas_FCB/status/1456737229418770437

It is very easy and very wrong to make a simple connection between Xavi and Pep, and I certainly don't want to be one who increases the expectations on Xavi to an unattainable standard - but still another interesting coincidence. A lot of stuff hasn't been as bad as now since Rijkaard.
Is the potential now as high as when Pep had to enter CL qualifying rounds having getting rid of the two best players? There is no Messi that I'm aware of, but I hope to see a massive improvement!

Sailor Mars

The Arab Sheikhs were always going to use of the leverage of having Xavi under contract to dunk on a big club like Barcelona and show the world that they have an upper hand. Every negotiation is a power play for them and they hate being perceived as losers.

Laporta did well not to go to Qatar himself.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I am very skeptical about Xavi's appointment. Do not think it is the right moment for him to coach Barca.
But I will be very glad if he proves me wrong. Obviously rooting for one of the greatest club legends and the GOAT CM.

Barcilliant

Club legend and all. I hope he succeeds but I'm very skeptical. We don't need to move away from our philosophy but we have to update it. The players have to be stronger and fitter. The style of play needs to be more direct. Watching a hundred sideways and back passes is not going to cut it.
Good luck Xavi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans