Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniestaGOAT

Club legend and all. I hope he succeeds but I'm very skeptical. We don't need to move away from our philosophy but we have to update it. The players have to be stronger and fitter. The style of play needs to be more direct. Watching a hundred sideways and back passes is not going to cut it.
Good luck Xavi!

There is no part of the philosphy that says the players have to be timid lazy and weak. Playing weak players is not part of the philosophy.

gregorrin10

Good luck Xavi. This feels right!

First manager since Lucho that feels right, at least for me. I knew in my gut the moment they were confirmed, that Valverde, Setien and Koeman weren't it. Setien the only one, who at least had the right ideas, but I knew he would never command the respect needed to lead this team. Xavi has both those things, finally after all these years, another manager that does have all the right tools to succeed here!

FinBarcelonafan

First manager since Lucho that feels right, at least for me. I knew in my gut the moment they were confirmed, that Valverde, Setien and Koeman weren't it. Setien the only one, who at least had the right ideas, but I knew he would never command the respect needed to lead this team. Xavi has both those things, finally after all these years, another manager that does have all the right tools to succeed here!

Exactly how I feel. This just seems right. First time since Lucho.

Messigician

Xavi is extremely upset at Al Sadd?s sheikh. He broke his promise of letting Xavi leave if Bar?a came calling. They had to pay his release clause.

? @OnzeTv3

Kul_z

Emotions. Welcome home general. Lets hope his early morning arrival in el prat have symbolic meaning of darkest point before dawn.

HOPE

FC B

I am very skeptical about Xavi's appointment. Do not think it is the right moment for him to coach Barca.
But I will be very glad if he proves me wrong. Obviously rooting for one of the greatest club legends and the GOAT CM.

Club legend and all. I hope he succeeds but I'm very skeptical. We don't need to move away from our philosophy but we have to update it. The players have to be stronger and fitter. The style of play needs to be more direct. Watching a hundred sideways and back passes is not going to cut it.
Good luck Xavi!

+1

Bobo32

Just posting a couple of texts I found on the web:
Xavi Hernandez is the new Barcelona coach and I'm excited by what I see of him. A young, dynamic midfielder, he can play as a number 10 or an attacking midfielder. He's calm and composed on the ball and has quick, powerful dribbling. I remember seeing his videos on YouTube, but now I'm watching him in person and he looks like a really good footballer.

One of the first things you see when he steps onto the Camp Nou pitch is the mane and his moustache. You've probably never seen it in any of the other teams you've played for. For a Barcelona player, it's normal. For others, it can be a problem. To Xavi, it doesn't matter, he loves the look, the way he plays and his hair. I don't know whether he loves it or not, but it's important for me and I just like the mane! It makes me think of his nickname, La Roja. We always call him La Roja.

Xavi Hernandez is the new Barcelona coach

Barcelona have signed one of the great, if not the greatest, managers of all time.

Xavi will make his debut as the new Barca coach against Deportivo La Coru?a on Friday night, and the Catalan media are ablaze with excitement.

But why now?

It's easy to say that the old guard at the club have all but washed their hands of the new coach but it's actually a little more complex than that.

Barcelona's new president, Matthieu Soares Picault, has a vested interest in changing the club.

He had already been toying with the idea of bringing in someone new when Andoni Zubizarreta was sacked in November last year but the plan was shelved as he and Pep Guardiola couldn't find common ground.

On leaving Barca, Guardiola's contract contained a clause that prevented him from working for any other Spanish team for one year - so they took no
I don't know what to make of them

mc_lovin

There are other wingers out there. I'm not a fan of Sterling but he's not too bad.
I think Xavi is looking at Fati as the CF.

No idea about that, but generally our CF position is manageable while our wings are a deadly flaw as soon as we have one injury. So a winger makes the most sense. I wouldn't read Fati as CF into it (yet).

Bobo32

Hope these preferrences are incorrect. There are a thousand limited, pacy wingers out there, Konrad was one. I hope he doesn't plan to use one of these on both sides, all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans