Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Classic negativity. You make a lot of assumptions instead of waiting how things turn out, because Xavi said some nice things in an interview?

The thing is, Xavi said it in an unwarranted way before.
He was asked about FDJ best position, and he said it should not be DM because that is where Busquets play and Barca should build midfield around him.
That was an interview, but it was very strong words, can't blame anyone if he thinks Xavi will stick to his words

Rory

If as a coach you can't get your players to understand the system you want to play then that is on you and your methodology of delivering these ideas. Going to be painful to hear how it's the players faults for not getting things.

My worry is Xavi is going to set up the entire team to accommodate Busquets' obvious weaknesses at the expense of moving on from a player nearing retirement. When we did that for Messi it was worth it up until last season due to his ability to still score or assist most games. Busquets doesn't even offer a level of quality above relegation sides if pressed hard enough nowadays.

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi: "A homegrown player always has extra commitment, extra dedication. It's their home, they're Bar?a fans, they were nurtured here. It's like owning a family business." https://t.co/fZ2nse46pz

70 millions Olmo incoming.

Yeah, that works on some level but you could also say players/people become too comfortable at family business when position is always there for you.. You have to fight for your spot to get the best out of yourself.

In a sense nice logic but in reality it has it downsize.

mc_lovin

It is not a teenage midfield and as said the one impacted by age more than others is Busi anyway.

Pedri/FDJ/Busi vs Pedri/FDJ/Nico is choice of a player that cant run and has been a massive liability every game vs soon to be 20 Nico who can start looking to build a future midfield with.

The age argument doesnt add up for me. It is an argument against Busquets if anything.

Busi as a sole DM is an absolute disaster and has been for years now in biggest games and now in average ones also.

I mean I agree pretty much, but the timing has been off so far. Nico just emerged, and god knows whether he can keep it up, and injuries made dropping (or even resting) Busquets near impossible. So it's difficult to lynch coaches for still depending on him.

We will see how things evolve when Pedri and some forwards are back (so he doesn't get misused on the wings).

i_bleed_blaugrana

Busquets needs to be transitioned out of the XI over the next year, it has been clear since Valverde got sacked. With that in mind, the difficult thing is he is probably the one amigo left in the squad outside of maybe Alba that is still good enough for lack of a better term, despite their obvious shortcomings.

With Xavi, it is pretty straight-forward for me: the best 11 players should and will play. If Busi is the best performing pivot, he should still start him but the key for me is actually trying de Jong and Nico in the pivot for a few games. That is the only way we can fairly evaluate all of this and as long as Xavi does that, I will be ok. If Busi still looks the best in that situation, he should still play but I just dont believe that if either Frenkie or Nico clearly look better than Busi, Xavi would still play Busi because friends.

He stayed away for a long time for a reason and if he wasnt ready to put aside his personal friendships with some of these players for the sake of the club and his job now, I think he would still be in Qatar.

JamDav1982

I mean I agree pretty much, but the timing has been off so far. Nico just emerged, and god knows whether he can keep it up, and injuries made dropping (or even resting) Busquets near impossible. So it's difficult to lynch coaches for still depending on him.

We will see how things evolve when Pedri and some forwards are back (so he doesn't get misused on the wings).

Coaches have all depended on Busquets too much when had other options. There is almost no level he can be that would be so bad he would even be dropped for a game.

Even for sake of players being accountable Busquets should have been dropped at times for some of his horror shows. Despite the fact coaches may have had little options long term if that was the case.

Busquets has been far too untouchable and unaccountable in past 5/6 years.

Most top coaches coming in half way through a season will look at their players and put in place a plan that suits them. Look at Tuchel last season.

If Xavi comes in with this pure Barca DNA idea that Busi fits into and that is the no.1 driver cant see it being a good move for now let along long term.

Last edited:

FC B

Those who think Xavi will drop Busquets are delusional, he will probably represent the very starting point of his team.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
de jong needs to start there, busquets needs to understand all things get old

Don't think dejong would be a good dm his reading of the game isn't the best can't play balls between the lines. His best assets are driving with the ball and his work rate /engery. Has to play as one of the cms and further develop his attacking ability or move into a CB role.

Bobo32

de jong needs to start there, busquets needs to understand all things get old

What Busquets understands doesn't mean anything. He plays to the best of his ability, and is picked by every coach he ever had.

It will be SO interesting to see if there will be any noticeable tweaks on Frenkie, Pedri etc by Xavi. One year ago, I think Frenkie would be very quick to listen to someone like Xavi, and change a lot, but I wonder if he is still able and willing to change his style? I think his body language has been different lately, he seems very stressed, as all Barcelona players probably should be.

clemente

I just want him to make these deadbeats work, make them want to leave the team because the trainings are too hard, even make the locker room toxic because they are too exhausted, I don't care. I don't wanna see youtube training vids where our players laughing are having a chat laughing.

Neymessi

The amigo culture was one of if not the only reason for our downfall. Wasn't too positive about xavi doing great here and would love to be proven wrong but his added confidence in busquets and other amigos makes me thing it's unlikely.

serghei

I just want him to make these deadbeats work, make them want to leave the team because the trainings are too hard, even make the locker room toxic because they are too exhausted, I don't care. I don't wanna see youtube training vids where our players laughing are having a chat laughing.

That's the thing. He doesn't need to come in and say you, you, and you out. That's unreasonable and unfair. He should come in with his staff, works their buts off, and demand the same from players, no matter status, age, and name. Basically, he should set new standards of training intensity, tactics, speed of play, video analysis, etc. Basically, all aspects of management that other teams do well and we lagged behind at.

And if he does that, Busi, Pique will drop off because they are too past it to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans