Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

If he can ever play 2 seasons back to back he wouldn't be far off that, but that seems impossible.

For all the flaws in his game, people have to understand he basically hasn't played football for 4 years now, a lot of people those flaws would have worked themselves out over time.

But will he be injury free for long enough to develop? I doubt it.

Jadentheman

Im actually quite shocked Dembele has gotten so many chances he had so far. However considering his price I can see why. He was just overvalued

Jadentheman

The amigo culture was one of if not the only reason for our downfall. Wasn't too positive about xavi doing great here and would love to be proven wrong but his added confidence in busquets and other amigos makes me thing it's unlikely.

Yes nepotism is my fear. He?s too close to some players on this team. Zidane, Lampard, Ole and Pirlo coached fresh younger guys with no attachment when they managed their old clubs. There is a reason for that.

ajnotkeith

Big words from Laporta and Xavi, saying that LaLiga, CL and Copa are all realistic aims and the minimum expectation is top4 and r16.. Jordi was probably right when he said Laporta gives in to fan pressure too much.

OGbarca

Banned
i hope he acts like a boss and axes half the squad, pique first and foremost. i dont think this will end well for him because the club is on fire but, oh well, he is here now so may he have all the luck in the world because he will need it

if it ends up a disaster i wont blame it entirely on him since he chose to come when we were -1000000. so not the ideal start

serghei

Big words from Laporta and Xavi, saying that LaLiga, CL and Copa are all realistic aims and the minimum expectation is top4 and r16.. Jordi was probably right when he said Laporta gives in to fan pressure too much.

I agree. You have to have big ambitions right away. That is the message that the players should get. Moaning time is over, time to go to work for real.

Gari

He has to say: Look at our current squad - do you think we can play in Taki-Taku? ”“ Today's Barcelona are not Barcelona eight years ago. We do not have enough players who can beat rivals one-on-one, ”and leave to play golf?

mc_lovin

Said all the right things, but the first press conference is basically a free throw. I am still very optimistic. Most important bit for me is that he insisted on wide players again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans