Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Since 2003, Xavi is the coach who has created the highest amount of wtf moments even before the first match.

I am sure that his tenure will be fun.
Both on the field and on forums.

Xavi will be judged by the product on the pitch, like every other coach, not wtf moments from journalists.
That is only fair.

That said, just like there is an optimism around him for his history, there are worrisome signs.
At then end how good actually he is as a coach will decide, not being late penalties

serghei

Safe bet for you anyways. if he doesn't that will be end of Barca and this forum will be shut down anyways.

If Xavi doesn't work out with an approach around La Masia players, then it means that the club will only come back when they are able to make not one, but 5-6 world-class signings in just 2-3 transfers windows. It's settled.

See you again in 4-5 years in that case.

This seems to be the approach fancied by BBZ and Khaled and others. And I agree with it, but I think it's very hard to achieve that right now, and there is also a way to build a top team around very talented youngsters and a manager that is skilled at building a side of that nature.

For example, Khaled seems to think we need like 6-7 high-quality starters, players who are already established and able to make an impact right away. We are kind of half a billion short for that. So that's out. What else then?

If we leave aside the jokes, there's only one lane open for us, and we're taking it. Other than that, there's moaning and saying how we'll sink like Titanic, which is pretty much what Koeman did.

Last edited:

serghei

With Xavi, what I'm banking on is not that we'll magically form a kindergarten mega-team with 90% 18-22-year-old unexperienced players and we'll beat everybody lol.

100% we'll still reach a point where we need 2-3 top-class players and 1-2 experienced pros to elevate us (hence why we should sign Azpi if he's available), and I've already said a minimum is one class winger and a class CB to start. But the process to that point would be nicer and more pleasing to the eye, and the other players would be more developed by the time those additions could be made.

Horatio

You're welcome
With Xavi, what I'm banking on is not that we'll magically form a kindergarten mega-team with 90% 18-22-year-old unexperienced players and we'll beat everybody lol.

Of course you don't. Koeman has been fired already.

On a more serious note: I think noboydy hears expects that lol

Messigician

The most powerful man in Barcelona

Xavi will gain more responsibilities in the sporting staff after the departure of Ramon Planes. Jordi Cruyff will continue to be the bridge between the technical area and the squad.

? [MENTION=29185]Laura[/MENTION]brugues

Devils

Bring back Alves, renew Roberto, build the team around Busi, etc. Xavi is worrying me a bit dawg.

Exactly what I feared would have happened.

This club always needed a new manager with no ties to the current squad to gut it and bring in new blood.

Brendan Rodgers was the man to this. We neglected the best opportunity on the table.

BBZ8800

Bring back Alves, renew Roberto, build the team around Busi, etc. Xavi is worrying me a bit dawg.

When you give too much power to the manager, one out of two things will happen:
10% likely = a perfect scenario
90% likely = tons of horrible decisions, bad transfers and a club ruined even more than in the first place

Let's see which one of those two options will happen with a coach who lives in 2011.

I just hope that he won't spend too much money on new 168cm tall technical choirboys.

behindbrowneyes

Haha true

People just overreacting and reading way too much into everything. It's just his first week, most of our players aren't even there yet and the first game hasn't even been played. Not that we will be able to say much after the first few games. It's just a human thing. Most people are somehow excited because of the new toy and every little youtube-snippet gets overanalysed lol

We have to wait and see until the winter break what Xavi is even planning. Hard to say much before that, especially with all these injuries he is kinda forced to use some players he very well probably even wants out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans