Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo32

My thoughts aswell but i can't help but think he might be a bit deluded. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

If only people also thought I "might be a bit deluded" instead of "deluded beyond comparison" and a troll, for writing things that goes exactly in line with what Xavi has done and said so far...

Messigician

If only people also thought I "might be a bit deluded" instead of "deluded beyond comparison" and a troll, for writing things that goes exactly in line with what Xavi has done and said so far...

Yes you and xavi both think alike.

The World Cup winner told Catalan newspaper Ara: "It wouldn't be a problem.

"I know what Leo is like, and Luis [Suarez], [Sergio] Busquets, Jordi [Alba], [Gerard] Pique or Sergi [Roberto].

"I know how they train, their capacity for leadership, I can tell if they are sad or angry.

"I hope as a coach I could have three, five, eight or ten players that I already knew and that I already had a good relationship with.

"[Messi] is a player who, if you convince him, he will be the best defender in the world. He has physical and mental speed. He has everything. All Messi has to do is play in that position and he will be the best

serghei

Yes you and xavi both think alike.

The World Cup winner told Catalan newspaper Ara: "It wouldn't be a problem.

"I know what Leo is like, and Luis [Suarez], [Sergio] Busquets, Jordi [Alba], [Gerard] Pique or Sergi [Roberto].

"I know how they train, their capacity for leadership, I can tell if they are sad or angry.

"I hope as a coach I could have three, five, eight or ten players that I already knew and that I already had a good relationship with.

"[Messi] is a player who, if you convince him, he will be the best defender in the world. He has physical and mental speed. He has everything. All Messi has to do is play in that position and he will be the best

Are these from now, or comments like the shit Pep says all the time to make himself look noble and kind?

Messigician

Regardless the point is to disprove Xavi wanted fresh start without any of his teammates and maybe tjat he's a bit deluded.

But who knows maybe Messi would be the best defender in the world

serghei

He made these comments in 2020.

OK, I expect things to be different once he has a professional relationship with them. Easy to say nice things about people when you don't work with them and can't get burned because of what they do on or off the field.

Messigician

OK, I expect things to be different once he has the pressure of results. Easy to say nice things about people when you don't work with them and can't get burned because of what they do on or off the field.

Xavi won't have that problem for a year at least he has good job security and we can't afford to fire him

serghei

Xavi won't have that problem for a year at least he has good job security and we can't afford to fire him

He has some leeway but not unlimited or anything. If he starts to bring back Amigo Barca we're in trouble (if anything he has some more Amigos he needs to clear, since Koeman did half the job). Don't see how he does that and stays true to his principles though...

He'll have to choose one or the other if it comes to it: his pals, or playing modern attacking football like he says he wants to.

Messigician

He has some leeway but not unlimited or anything. If he starts to bring back Amigo Barca we're in trouble (if anything he has some more Amigos he needs to clear, since Koeman did half the job). Don't see how he does that and stays true to his principles though...

He'll have to choose one or the other if it comes to it: his pals, or playing modern attacking football like he says he wants to.

Alves is playing for free

Calma can only help with dressing room dynamics and winning mentality

gregorrin10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F8wPj0zz9I

From not even wanting to watch the games to being excited to watch daily training, this is the one from today.

Xavi is so active and involved and actually even participates in the training sessions alongside the players! ❤️ And the players are visibly loving it too, must be much more fun and motivating to train that way. Not like Valverde (who could, but didn't want to) and Koeman, who couldn't even run, much less take part in them! I mean just look at 1:42 in the video, Riqui sprinting at full speed, yet he looks so happy. ❤️ Time for his first start of the season against Espanyol! ❤️

Gari

Current day Ronaldinho would bring a lot more than current day Depay, that's for sure. Wonder if Xavi still got his number

He recently played as a Barca star against the Real Madrid stars. Its a sad sight, but I love him. Barcelona lost.

Bobo32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F8wPj0zz9I

From not even wanting to watch the games to being excited to watch daily training, this is the one from today.

Xavi is so active and involved and actually even participates in the training sessions alongside the players! ❤️ And the players are visibly loving it too, must be much more fun and motivating to train that way. Not like Valverde (who could, but didn't want to) and Koeman, who couldn't even run, much less take part in them! I mean just look at 1:42 in the video, Riqui sprinting at full speed, yet he looks so happy. ❤️ Time for his first start of the season against Espanyol! ❤️

What a touch he has, at 1:13. Not many players have this kind of touch that leave an impression just by passing like that.
I think Puig has a lot of small tweaking to do, but he should do it while playing much more than recently, and I hope to see him as much as possible!
Yeah the players seem to all be very motivated and positive right now!

Birdy

It's getting worse.
It's unacceptable when the coach does not distance himself enough from his players to generate authority.
Coach can never be part of what the players do in training, even in rondos

Remember the anecdotal story about Setien taking part in rondos?
And one day Messi lost in the rondo, and was supposed to go in the middle, but he nodded his head instead,
and Quique happily went in the middle instead??

Yeah, that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans