Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcilliant

His CL and LL performances from 2017-2021 should be plenty of evidence.

Pep came in and got rid of R10, Deco, and co. right off the bat without any "I want to see what they're like in training". I mean, we're talking about R10 FFS.

Roberto has to go and there's no two ways about it. Unless he's willing to play for 1-2 million a year or something really cheap. Then, he can stay as a bench option. But even then, I don't like his meekness.

I agree Roberto has to go but Xavi is not in the same position as Pep. The club was in much better shape back then. I mean we had money and a great squad already. Xavi has nothing much to work with.

OGbarca

Banned
His CL and LL performances from 2017-2021 should be plenty of evidence.

Pep came in and got rid of R10, Deco, and co. right off the bat without any "I want to see what they're like in training". I mean, we're talking about R10 FFS.

Roberto has to go and there's no two ways about it. Unless he's willing to play for 1-2 million a year or something really cheap. Then, he can stay as a bench option. But even then, I don't like his meekness.

yep. pep knew very well that the squad needed an overhaul and that that meant getting rid of very popular players. kind of amazing he got away with it, too, considering he had been away from the club longer and had no managerial experience. as a player he achieved less than xavi too, so his 'legend status' was lesser.

what baffles me is that it is obvious to anyone that this squad needs to be revamped as well, even more thoroughly than the 07-08 squad needed it, yet xavi is literally taking steps back with some of these decisions. he has much more star and legend power: he needs to be more decisive and ruthless

BBZ8800

what baffles me is that it is obvious to anyone that this squad needs to be revamped as well, even more thoroughly than the 07-08 squad needed it

The squad needs a revamp, but:
1. we don't have a new Messi, Xavi and Iniesta like back then
2. we don't have money and we won't have it anytime soon
3. other teams are way richer like back then like oil clubs and EPL teams
4. in terms of scouting, every team can scout from home today due to internet and coverage of all matches so it is hard to buy cheap hidden gems like 15 or 20 years ago

No matter what we'll do, it seems that our future will be: dancing between the 3rd and the 8th spot.

serghei

4. in terms of scouting, every team can scout from home today due to internet and coverage of all matches so it is hard to buy cheap hidden gems like 15 or 20 years ago

No matter what we'll do, it seems that our future will be: dancing between the 3rd and the 8th spot.

You didn't say the magic words, your signature line.

BBZ8800

You didn't say the magic words, your signature line.

Barca DNA is a part of the past
Or:
1460987104-titanic.JPG

OGbarca

Banned

a bit bleak, but you are probably right, lol. my point is not that we aren't in a bad position--we are--, but that what we do not need is 'going back' by i.e signing alves and renewing roberto.

i am fully aware that itll be years until we can compete again. that doesnt mean we shouldnt clean the house now though. we should

iniestaGOAT

Barca football is just posession and attacking football. Nothing needs to be revamped.

We go again. With Xavi. Lets fucking go, need to start with a derby win.

FinBarcelonafan

Barca football is just posession and attacking football. Nothing needs to be revamped.

We go again. With Xavi. Lets fucking go, need to start with a derby win.

Seriously though, we won't be winning anything without proper defensive stcture. We didn't win even with MSN when midfield and defense started struggling.

iniestaGOAT

Seriously though, we won't be winning anything without proper defensive stcture. We didn't win even with MSN when midfield and defense started struggling.

I mean next match is a must win for positive vibes ofc he wont be winning the league or anything.

There isnt going to be proper defensive structre. From what I have seen xavi is going to be playing ultra attacking football, its going to be chaos. I cant wait.

FinBarcelonafan

I mean next match is a must win for positive vibes ofc he wont be winning the league or anything.

There isnt going to be proper defensive structre. From what I have seen xavi is going to be playing ultra attacking football, its going to be chaos. I cant wait.

Yeah, if he goes ultra attacking I think it will be bipolar result. Either great win or terrible loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans