Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Mars

Solid managerial debut, but any improvement today was more likely due to the effect of a new manager on the squad.

He still has the same problems that Koeman had. An underwhelming squad, relative to expectations, with a real lack of quality wingers.

Bobo32

Solid managerial debut, but any improvement today was more likely due to the effect of a new manager on the squad.

He still has the same problems that Koeman had. An underwhelming squad, relative to expectations, with a real lack of quality wingers.

Your first sentence I agree with, but what problems he will have remains to be seen. I think the squad is pretty great, and I believe the results will be great when Xavi gets some more time to work.

Sailor Mars

Your first sentence I agree with, but what problems he will have remains to be seen. I think the squad is pretty great, and I believe the results will be great when Xavi gets some more time to work.

A healthy squad? Yes a healthy squad could be more competitive and there is enough potential for a manager to work with.

But all the injuries throughout the season have not helped. Tough for players to build continuity and tough for a manager to have to continually make adjustments.

serghei

How is the squad pretty great when half the players are footballers and the others are patients? We basically have to play unknown kids because everybody else is injured or was sold to get some money.

KingLeo10

How is the squad pretty great when half the players are footballers and the others are patients? We basically have to play unknown kids because everybody else is injured or was sold to get some money.

It's Bobo.

For him, Busquets is the best midfielder/player in the world and Puig is a gem.

Horatio

You're welcome

I love this attitude Bobo. Now only to tune back on Busquets rating.

Bobo32

Of course the injuries are a bit bad at the moment, and under a competent manager like Xavi, we can expect the performances and results to improve both with just some more time, and with more healthy players coming back!

Stegen, Garcia, Alba, Busquets, Gavi, Pedri, Frenkie, Puig are GREAT players for the style I, Xavi and other tiqui taco connoisseurs want, maybe the best at their positions! Yes there is a lack of good forwards and maybe a few more positions, but it can be solved in winter, and players like Dembele and Depay should be able to add something from limited roles.

If we don't see an improvement under Xavi, I will not make excuses for him based on lack of squad quality. Of course there is always room (and need) for improvement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans