Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

I will bet you if Xavi played a roster of young legs and got them to play some semblance of modern football, we will be top 8. Possibly pushing even 6th or 7th.

And that's not praise on some of our youth. The quality in LL outside RM is shocking. Even today, Osasuna were abysmal.

I don't know man, I'm positive by nature, but Nico, Gavi, Ansu, Araujo, now Abde, that's A LOT of youngsters in.

At some point, you need to be able to provide some solid 24-30 years old players. Who are those players for us? Dembele, Coutinho, Luuk de Jong, Umtiti, Lenglet? I'm telling you, can't wait for Alves to be able to play, because I know his mentality is another level compared to the losers we have here. And that is some BAD news for us because he's nearly fucking 40.

I'm usually positive, but the club is in a bad place, and the progress will be slow. And this has a lot to do with money and the sabotage job of that moron Bartomeu and his board. Who ran the club without any sort of protection against a period of low income, we were like a car with no breaks. He simply believed that the club's revenue will go up and up and will sustain all of that crazy spending.

Any team in our position, City, Chelsea, PSG, United, even Bayern, immediately goes on the market and spends big in 3-4 players to get us back on track. We can't do that, because there is no private owner to realize the bad position and spend some money. When we will be able to sign some legit players we will have more chances.

An elite manager would help no doubt, but no one will come to train a mediocre Barcelona. So we're stuck to either average managers or taking bets on former greats like Xavi, hoping they will be the manager equivalent (or close) to their stature as players.

But in the grand scheme of things, this is normal. But it's a new feeling for this generation of fans (I reckon most of us are 25-40), for whom this is no doubt the worst period.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Ultimately, despite all the talk by him and the media, Xavi is going through the same motions Koeman did.

Give it a month or two of more disappointing performances and he will be complaining at the squad just as Koeman was.

Sadly I think this will happen without signings in January.

jairzinho

Xavi has hardly been convincing so far. It's true the team is in a bad spot but results like these are inexcusable. If you line up both teams man for man, Osasuna are in no way better than us in terms of quality. If we can't win games like these and ones like Betis at home we will certainly finish midtable. Only thing can save us now are some quality signings in January but even then Xavi's ability to set the team right is a huge question mark.

clemente

Don't be a bitch and bench your friends already.
FDJ for Busi, Busi only a sub after 60min.
Literally anyone for Pique, just straight to reserves, never let him play again.
Balde for Alba, Alba also never before 60min sub.
Also make mats earn his spot back, anyone in B or C team can outperform him, not sure wtf is this untouchability he has.

iniestaGOAT

Xavi has hardly been convincing so far. It's true the team is in a bad spot but results like these are inexcusable. If you line up both teams man for man, Osasuna are in no way better than us in terms of quality. If we can't win games like these and ones like Betis at home we will certainly finish midtable. Only thing can save us now are some quality signings in January but even then Xavi's ability to set the team right is a huge question mark.

When you play 3 teenagers and 3 more has beens the other team is better by default

gatsu

You can?t play only youngsters this is not realistic and to win games you need also experience. The challenge is to find good alchemy between team components. You don?t achieve this from day to night. Let?s give Xavi 1 or 2 full seasons and see what happens. We don?t have much choice and right now any world class coach will do hardly better.

Barcilliant

You can?t play only youngsters this is not realistic and to win games you need also experience. The challenge is to find good alchemy between team components. You don?t achieve this from day to night. Let?s give Xavi 1 or 2 full seasons and see what happens. We don?t have much choice and right now any world class coach will do hardly better.

I never wanted Xavi and if we give him two full seasons we will end up in no man's land like Utd. Utd backed OGS and gave him time and money to boot. Look how that ended. We don't have the time or money. We have already wasted both of them for the past four seasons. This whole past greats coming to coach has been due to the success of Pep and Lucho. However the footballing and financial environment are vastly different from those two eras. We don't have a good team and we are heavily restricted financially which means it's difficult to build a good team by buying players. Also Xavi doesn't have the right experience. Both Pep and Lucho coached the B team. Xavis ego and stubbornness will end up costing him his job. He should have started with the B team or a mid table Liga team.
This was just a populist move by Laporta to buy time. The whole situation at the club sucks.

Barcilliant

Maximum we should give Xavi is this season and next season. Next season his target would be top three in La Liga. If he doesn't make it he has to walk.
Laporta should have had an interim coach and brought in Ten Hag or Tuchel (if available?) next season.

iniestaGOAT

Maximum we should give Xavi is this season and next season. Next season his target would be top three in La Liga. If he doesn't make it he has to walk.
Laporta should have had an interim coach and brought in Ten Hag or Tuchel (if available?) next season.

Top 4 top 3 does not matter. Sevilla look terrible and I expect betis to fall off second half of the season. Real Socieddad already falling. If we manage to sign few players in jan we should be able to do it.

Next season we expect a title challeng and entertaining football. Otherwsie everybody Xavi is going to go.

serghei

A world-class coach would do better, but world-class managers don't just go to 10th placed teams with no money and 10-12 filler finished players that they have to get rid of and that is a fact.

Top 4 top 3 does not matter. Sevilla look terrible and I expect betis to fall off second half of the season. Real Socieddad already falling. If we manage to sign few players in jan we should be able to do it.

Next season we expect a title challeng and entertaining football. Otherwsie everybody Xavi is going to go.

Expect all you want, not gonna happen. Madrid will win the next league too by a very wide gap bar some meltdown. We'll do better probably, and should do, but the title fight is a pipe dream until we see some actual signings who are not Luuk de Jong level, free players, and 38 year-olders playing for minimum wage.

4th would be a success next season. Unless some miracle happens and we bring in top players. But fail to see where the money comes from to finance such deals.

I never wanted Xavi and if we give him two full seasons we will end up in no man's land like Utd. Utd backed OGS and gave him time and money to boot. Look how that ended. We don't have the time or money. We have already wasted both of them for the past four seasons. This whole past greats coming to coach has been due to the success of Pep and Lucho. However the footballing and financial environment are vastly different from those two eras. We don't have a good team and we are heavily restricted financially which means it's difficult to build a good team by buying players. Also Xavi doesn't have the right experience. Both Pep and Lucho coached the B team. Xavis ego and stubbornness will end up costing him his job. He should have started with the B team or a mid table Liga team.
This was just a populist move by Laporta to buy time. The whole situation at the club sucks.

Poor comparison. Ole got big deal signings, quite many actually, players like Bruno, Varane, Ronaldo, Sancho. Who did Xavi get? :lol: United never had issues buying top-rated players under Solskjaer, but he just failed to perform with a team filled with top players.

Our situation is completely different, as you say, so why compare us to United?

There is this problem that you never address. No great managers come at a club that doesn't have conditions to create a top-class team.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Klopp had an average of 1.65 points per game during his first Liverpool season (15/16).

16/17: 1.96
17/18: 1.95
18/19: 2.30

For a world class coach it took 4 years to become a giant.

In comparison:

Koeman:
20/21: 2.09
21/22: 1.38

Xavi is on 1.33 PPG so far, although it's only been 6 games.

Messi983

He doesn't have much to work with at this moment so hard to blame him until we'll see how he'll do in 2022 when we get injured players back and hopefully a few new signings.

I like him playing with two wingers despite Dembele being useless and FDJ nonexistent. If we upgrade on ST and winger positions like planned we could actually look ok. Didn't like his subs yesterday though. Really don't know why he insists on playing Mingueza at LB instead of giving a chance to Balde. Or why he keeps giving minutes to Coutinho. Would prefer to see Jutgla or even Mavericky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans