Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

He doesn't have much to work with at this moment so hard to blame him until we'll see how he'll do in 2022 when we get injured players back and hopefully a few new signings.

I like him playing with two wingers despite Dembele being useless and FDJ nonexistent. If we upgrade on ST and winger positions like planned we could actually look ok. Didn't like his subs yesterday though. Really don't know why he insists on playing Mingueza at LB instead of giving a chance to Balde. Or why he keeps giving minutes to Coutinho. Would prefer to see Jutgla or even Mavericky.

I wonder why Dest hasnt been given the chance at lb. Perhaps the decision has been made to use him to raise funds. But he has, to me, shown good instincts of attacking the interior from LB when there. Had a good US game from there with a nice goal. Mind you even Semedo gave his best game for us from LB.

JamDav1982

Xavi making a lot of bizarre decisions.

Araujo at RB and Mingueza LB? That is Setien levels of bad.

As poor as Dest is he is a better RB than Araujo who in turn is a better CB than Pique.

Dest back to RB, Araujo at CB and get Marmol in squad to play at LB long before turning to shite like Mingueza.

jairzinho

You can?t play only youngsters this is not realistic and to win games you need also experience. The challenge is to find good alchemy between team components. You don?t achieve this from day to night. Let?s give Xavi 1 or 2 full seasons and see what happens. We don?t have much choice and right now any world class coach will do hardly better.

To be fair we are not winning with the current approach so might aswell try something different. Don't think we should go full youth mode. Alba can still contribute but Busi and Pique should be dropped asap or have their minutes slashed. We don't have anything to lose by dropping those 2. They are both pushing mid thirties. We are mere points away from midtable. There's zero chance of winning titles. Top four/six chances look slim. So what exactly do we stand to gain by playing them week in week out? Literally nothing.

BusiTheKing

i'm not worried that we still haven't solved the tactical setup.

i'm pretty worried that every player seem to be on a completely different wavelength concerning what we want to do with the ball.

behindbrowneyes

As poor as Dest is he is a better RB than Araujo who in turn is a better CB than Pique.

Dest back to RB, Araujo at CB and get Marmol in squad to play at LB long before turning to shite like Mingueza.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't playing 4 CBs something Pep did in 11/12 to accommodate CBs playing half-positions like they had to later in his 3-3-4 or 3-4diamond-3?

Not that I liked Xavi's setup at the weekend, but can see Araujo learning quite a bit from it should Xavi move on to a back 3 - system. Araujo is pretty decent as CB in a classic back four, but has struggled in systems with 3 CBs.

Given the depth in midfield, 3-4-3 might be the stronger team given the options we have in midfield once Pedri returns from his injury. Back 3 is something Xavi has been using a lot in the later stage of his Al Sadd - career.

Bobo32

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't playing 4 CBs something Pep did in 11/12 to accommodate CBs playing half-positions like they had to later in his 3-3-4 or 3-4diamond-3?

Not that I liked Xavi's setup at the weekend, but can see Araujo learning quite a bit from it should Xavi move on to a back 3 - system. Araujo is pretty decent as CB in a classic back four, but has struggled in systems with 3 CBs.

Given the depth in midfield, 3-4-3 might be the stronger team given the options we have in midfield once Pedri returns from his injury. Back 3 is something Xavi has been using a lot in the later stage of his Al Sadd - career.

He used it for the larger part of yesterdays game??

Messigician

We are meme club now

Maurizio Sarri, Lazio coach: "I hope to face Barcelona because I have never played against them. I would not want to meet Sheriff, because I think it would be a tough away match."

M3ls

Real in his field created 0.6 xG against Osasuna's 0.7.

We created 1.69 xG away against Osasuna's 0.40.

It's just that someone has a TOP at the gate, and someone has a hole with psychological problems.

iniestaGOAT

Get who? Marmol? Another kid to add to a team filled with kids? No.

I would be happy if we never see dest on the field ever again.

khaled_a_d

Marmol is only couple of years younger than Mingueza whom we are using as LB.
And while Dest is dissapointement , he is far better fullback than Oscar.

delancey

We are meme club now

Maurizio Sarri, Lazio coach: "I hope to face Barcelona because I have never played against them. I would not want to meet Sheriff, because I think it would be a tough away match."

If everything goes according to plan with January signings (and that is a big if), we may end up having Ansu, Depay, Dembele, Torres, and Cavani. Enough fire power for a club in crisis for you, Lazio? 😁

JamDav1982

Aye its working brilliantly with Araujo at RB rather than CB and Mingueza barely looking like a professional footballer when plays RB let alone LB.

Keep going with that.

Windhook

Araujo plays at every position in defence brilliantly, rarely letting anyone through. Sadly he is the only one who does that in our defence currently. No matter where you put him, RB/CB/LB he will do his best to stop opponents and that's rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans