Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Haha fair excuses.

Dont compare Xavi in Qatar to Pep in City. Not a good look.

Making all these 'reasons' when never watched a single game of Xavi in Qatar is some shout.

It's probably pretty similar. Great in the league, lacking in the continental cup competition. While taking time to settle in their tactics with an irregular first season league-wise.

:lol: I don't have to see games of Al Sadd to look at some stats.

Record-breaking league campaign in his 2nd year, after his warm-up season. Facts are facts.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It's probably pretty similar. Great in the league, lacking in the continental cup competition. While taking time to settle in their tactics with an irregular first season league-wise.

:lol: I don't have to see games of Al Sadd to look at some stats.

Quick look at his last season as a player and they won more games in league when he didnt start. Nine of the ten they won.

The excuse they won due to Xavi being best player doesnt fit narrative I am afraid.

What stats you basing Xavi being their best player on and reason they won league?

Not even remotely similar. Pep took over a side only just making CL spot and losing to a team like Leicester. Xavi took over champions.

ajnotkeith

You can't compare Man City to Al-Sadd even if their league position is the same, it doesn't just scale up like that.

The pressure of managing in a competitive league is way higher. The managers and teams you are facing are way more tactically advanced, the dressing room is harder to manage, the job requires much more work, the relegation teams will test you way more than in Qatar etc. Your basic tactics that worked in Qatar won't work in the Prem.

You can't just say 'Well Xavi's team was worse as well' That doesn't mean he can jump into a way harder league. My non-league manager did a good job with my non-league team as well doesn't mean he can hack it if he took over Man City.

khaled_a_d

Did Xavi continue to play when he became manager? If he didn't, there you go, I reckon he was probably by far their best player.

What he did in Qatar doesn't matter for his Barca career, but people still use it to criticize him, while looking at the situation from an angle to suit their bias. Xavi's campaign from last season was their best in decades probably right? Have they finished the season undefeated before?

Dude, you yourself admit bias toward Xavi :lol:
Come on now, we are having discussion of what we know of his work, and you are basically providing inconsistent argument that dances over every point to suit your argument.
Hey, Qatar league doesn't matter, but his work is flawless like Pep in City :koeman:
And yeah, Xavi was probably their best player but they still had the best squad, and he didn't do shit until they brought Cazorla who insistently became the best player in the whole league.
By your logic, Xavi can't do shit until he has the absolute best squad :boss:

ajnotkeith

The Youngcules account and its fans are already making excuses on Twitter for when Xavi fails after the game against Alaves, saying 'Xavi will need the absolute most patience to make this squad work':lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bobo32

So from 2010 onwards Barca B has mostly been in Segunda. When we were about to relegate Pimienta took over and many signings of older players were made, giving the squad by far the best talent in the league for the 3rd division the next season along with experience. Didn't get them promoted.

Pimienta had one of the oldest teams B has ever played against UCAM. Even when we were in Segunda with Gerard Lopez who was accused of not playing younger players the team was younger, despite how much people praise Pimienta for playing youth. It is like the revisionism with Koeman where people say he doesn't trust young players despite the majority getting way more chances than they would elsewhere and only a few not getting much time.

In older Barca B squads you wouldn't see 26 year old Riera, 24 year old Manaj, 22 year old Collado, 23 year old Matheus, 22 year old Inaki all take the field at the same time. And that was in the 3rd division, not the 2nd where it can be argued that you need more experienced players (we didn't do that even with Lopez).

So basically he played with a Barca B with a ton of players with little first-team potential that were way better than the level and didn't produce results. Even in the youth that have gone up to the first-team under him, there isn't many he is responsible for is there? The most 'successful' ones like Mingueza or Araujo are guys he didn't actually like and in case of Mingueza he warmed the bench for Pimienta in the third division.
I don't care about age, but style and potential. Certainly not if players are 22 or 20.
He was close to be promoted twice, this is above the usual standard.

Results in Asian cup is actually worse after he became a coach, since they finished in round of 16 and group stage twice under him, after being in SF twice in Ferreira last year
It's veggie-thots quote that faulted Xavi for the loss against Al-Hilal in 2019, this fooled me. But you are correct then, and Xavis results aren't as sensationally good. He lost with a small margin against Persepolis who later went to the final that year, and got out of the group stage with the smallest margin possible.

JamDav1982

The Youngcules account and its fans are already making excuses on Twitter for when Xavi fails after the game against Alaves, saying 'Xavi will need the absolute most patience to make this squad work':lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bound to happen

Same folk on here nailing Koeman and saying should do a lot better say in turn Xavi needs years at helm to improve things.

serghei

Dude, you yourself admit bias toward Xavi :lol:
Come on now, we are having discussion of what we know of his work, and you are basically providing inconsistent argument that dances over every point to suit your argument.
Hey, Qatar league doesn't matter, but his work is flawless like Pep in City :koeman:
And yeah, Xavi was probably their best player but they still had the best squad, and he didn't do shit until they brought Cazorla who insistently became the best player in the whole league.
By your logic, Xavi can't do shit until he has the absolute best squad :boss:

Sure, we're both biased. So if you want to dance around this idiotic argumentation about his stint in Qatar, we can do it, although as I said, it ain't worth a dime in the overall picture.

Tell me, do you credit Xavi's work for finishing the 2nd season undefeated in the league?

JamDav1982

Sure, we're both biased. So if you want to dance around this idiotic argumentation about his stint in Qatar, we can do it, although as I said, it ain't worth a dime in the overall picture.

Tell me, do you credit Xavi's work for finishing the 2nd season undefeated in the league?

If his stint in Qatar 'aint worth a dime' why should anyone praise his undefeated season?

serghei

If his stint in Qatar 'aint worth a dime' why should anyone praise his undefeated season?

Because they criticize his weaker performances there. It either counts, or it doesn't. If it counts, then talk about the good, not only put his poorer performances in the spotlight.

serghei

Also, about needing time:

Klopp first year in EPL: 8th place (incomplete season)
2nd year: 4th place
3rd year: 4th place
4th year: 2nd place
5th year: champions
6th year: 3rd place.

1 league title in 6 years, with some really great transfers in there. I think we should expect better league positions because La Liga is not as competitive as EPL, but winning the title in the next 3 years will be a major performance.

It will depend on transfers also, but what Xavi should guarantee is improved performances right away vs La Liga's dross and mediocre sides. No more losing or drawing at home regularly with the Granadas, Cadiz, Eibars, Levante, or Alaves of La Liga.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Also, about needing time:

Klopp first year in EPL: 8th place (incomplete season)
2nd year: 4th place
3rd year: 4th place
4th year: 2nd place
5th year: champions
6th year: 3rd place.

Can you do one for Ole ?

Would actually paint a much better picture since he came from Molde to a big club like United. Klopp on the other hand managed to promote Mainz , become champions and reach the final in the CL with Dortmund before taking that Liverpool job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans