Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

This could be one of those seasons where 90 points could still not be enough for the title.

Most of the LaLiga teams are notably worse than last season due to these salary cap rules. Could even be an 100 point season.

Become a lot easier to beat these teams, in the past they put up much more of a fight.

delancey

remove Lewandowski from the equation and the score may have been very different. To be fair, that has always been the case at Barca. That is, star players with exceptional talent bail out the manager in difficult games.

I don't think we played well. Sevilla played poorly. A great team with as many talented players as we have would have capitalised on the chaos we displayed in the first half.

What does Xavi do well? He has clearly taken on a role as a leader and motivator. You see that the players fight for him. This is half the battle. Hopefully we start seeing better and more consistent tactics soon.

Gari

remove Lewandowski from the equation and the score may have been very different. To be fair, that has always been the case at Barca. That is, star players with exceptional talent bail out the manager in difficult games.

I don't think we played well. Sevilla played poorly. A great team with as many talented players as we have would have capitalised on the chaos we displayed in the first half.

What does Xavi do well? He has clearly taken on a role as a leader and motivator. You see that the players fight for him. This is half the battle. Hopefully we start seeing better and more consistent tactics soon.

FbzOAJmXkAEJHjq

iniestaGOAT

That henny must be real good buddy enjoy the drink post again when you are sober

jamrock

Next game I need to see some rotations.
Start Kessi & Frankie, have depay off the bench in that fati roll next closer to lewa, we would kill there.

mc_lovin

Not sure we should fuck around with our CL opener... would start pretty much the A-team. Maybe rotate Frenkie and Fati in (unless the latter is done physically).

Big no to Memphis.

jamrock

Not sure we should fuck around with our CL opener... would start pretty much the A-team. Maybe rotate Frenkie and Fati in (unless the latter is done physically).

Big no to Memphis.

Not even off the bench for depay? Damn what did he do?

Think that game is a sure win, so is rotating 2 players shouldn't affect us much, de jong as DM, Kessi for Pedri

serghei

Big no to Memphis.

Now the squad is a lot better and can rotate without dropping in quality imo. 3-4 rotations should be ok, although even Plzen is among the tougher teams from 4th pot.

PhilS

He seems to be doing fine work making the most of the strengths of this squad. I see the 6 second rule again, led by Gavi. Causing all these turnovers unleashes the counterattack, which is quite a threat this year. This month Xavi will have to keep up all the early subs, and do selected rotations, so that the high workmates can continue.

The better teams are going to score against Barca, this defense can be penetrated. But I see Barca winning some big games even conceding two or three goals. Lewa, Raphina, Dembele, Fati, scariest set of forwards in the world.

serghei

I think we will improve the defense. We conceded 1 goal in 4 games so far, it's true we concede more chances, but these are just the first few games, and we signed some new fullbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans