Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJJ

Get Flick in until the end of the season with an option to extend a year
No Marquez or any Barca connection. Let's see what an outsider can do with this team.

Porque

Just a heads up, Liverpool also lost away to a Belgian team with their B team.

There are reports today that we may not qualify for the revised Club World Cup as one of the top 2 teams in Spain due to our severe drop of coefficient compared to Atletico in recent years.

Something our CL losses could have helped not only short term with the win bonus but long term by missing out on other financial avenues.

I don't expect us to win 6 out of 6 but this Antwerp result was really disastrous in more ways than one.

And going back further last year's Euro flops even more so.

So hopefully now we manage to get a run to the CL quarter atleast.

Financial pressure is at its highest right now. But also deserved.

Andresito

Staff member
There are reports today that we may not qualify for the revised Club World Cup as one of the top 2 teams in Spain due to our severe drop of coefficient compared to Atletico in recent years.

Something our CL losses could have helped not only short term with the win bonus but long term by missing out on other financial avenues.

I don't expect us to win 6 out of 6 but this Antwerp result was really disastrous in more ways than one.

And going back further last year's Euro flops even more so.

So hopefully now we manage to get a run to the CL quarter atleast.

Financial pressure is at its highest right now. But also deserved.
Yeah good point.

As it stands it's currently:
62 Atletico
61 Barca

Winning CL automatically qualifies us but that option we can forget.

Otherwise it's 1 point per round advanced from now on, 2 points for each win and 1 for each draw.

So it's very important we not only keep advancing but also to do it by winning games, while at the same time hoping Atleti crash out as early as possible.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Xavi shooting back:

Xavi about the criticism: "If they had knocked us out of the Champions League, I would understand. But it wasn't like that. I don't understand it. It's the most difficult club in the world because of the environment."
"I receive messages as if everything were a funeral, as if my father or my mother had died. None of you congratulated me on my progress at the last press conference. That's the unreality I see. On the day of the Atlético game we were a ten and now we're a zero. We're not going to give up at the first corner. An unreality is being told. It creates a tension that's unnecessary for us. We're in the race to win four titles."

Xavi about a leaving Barca: "No, no... When the season is over, you look at how you are, what you've won. This is about performance, results and if there are no results at the end of the season, the coach has to go, but not in December. I'm positive, we can have a great season, everything is still at stake. I believe more than ever in the project, in the players.

Temptation

Xavi was always a class Footballer but from 2008, he got to play in the perfect system for his abilities. He's one of the greatest midfielder in history for that template and style of Football.

Xavi played for arguably the greatest club team of all time in Barcelona's golden era. Xavi played in one of the most dominant national teams ever in Spain's golden era. In a style of play that was absolutely perfect and tailor-made for his strengths and weaknesses. Xavi was the heartbeat of that tiki taka total Football possession based system.

He has always been arrogant and holier-than-thou about style of play as a player(until he became a manager who can't coach anything close to that style of play).

Why is it so tough for people to grasp why this guy reacts so poorly to adversity?

It's like a super rich kid who has grown up in wealth having to live in a subpar apartment one day.

Xavi ain't used to adversity. He has no clue what it feels like.

PS: I love Xavi as a player and admit that he was the most important player of Barca and Spain in that golden era for both. Note that I said most important not the best. Messi was the best at Barca. Xavi was the best and most important for Spain. Just clarifying before Messi's fans start crying.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Meanwhile, prime Jose Mourinho -

"In normal conditions, we will be champions".
"In abnormal conditions, we will also be champions".

The likes of Pep and Klopp with their tactical evolution (especially pressing, overloads, positional play) killed him from 2010 onwards...but in terms of attitude and results, Jose was right up there with the GOAT managers from 03-10.

delancey

Xavi shooting back:

Xavi about the criticism: "If they had knocked us out of the Champions League, I would understand. But it wasn't like that. I don't understand it. It's the most difficult club in the world because of the environment."
"I receive messages as if everything were a funeral, as if my father or my mother had died. None of you congratulated me on my progress at the last press conference. That's the unreality I see. On the day of the Atlético game we were a ten and now we're a zero. We're not going to give up at the first corner. An unreality is being told. It creates a tension that's unnecessary for us. We're in the race to win four titles."

Xavi about a leaving Barca: "No, no... When the season is over, you look at how you are, what you've won. This is about performance, results and if there are no results at the end of the season, the coach has to go, but not in December. I'm positive, we can have a great season, everything is still at stake. I believe more than ever in the project, in the players.
If our CL group had Newcastle, PAG and Milan, I promise you that we would have finished fourth. And… not because our players are inferior, but because our management is inferior.

Context matters. If we get knocked out in the round of 16, Xavi should be canned immediately and replaced by an interim manager until season end. Then reassess.

Honestly, anyone qualified will do. Anyone who makes it enjoyable for us again.

Xavi out.

ajnotkeith

He wants to be congratulated for qualifying in a group where the competition for 2nd place is Shakhtar Donetsk.

We've actually become a circus, it is painful to see how low his standards are in Europe these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans