Yaya Toure

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Mascherano is OK, but I prefer Yaya over him. Yayas form has had its ups and downs, we all know how good he can be - but we've also seen him out of form. I still think that he is one of the best Dm's there is and we would not profit much if we would go for another one? I hope he will be OK for CL. And if it's any player we should consider to sell besides Hleb, it would be Keita - not Yaya.

shadows

Mascherano is OK, but I prefer Yaya over him. Yayas form has had its ups and downs, we all know how good he can be - but we've also seen him out of form. I still think that he is one of the best Dm's there is and we would not profit much if we would go for another one? I hope he will be OK for CL. And if it's any player we should consider to sell besides Hleb, it would be Keita - not Yaya.

Exactly..I wouldnt even consider selling the Yaya..I would say he is the best DM in the world right now along wid Masch!Dont want 2 go for Masch however coz he cannot fit in 2 de barca lineup due 2 his lack of passing abilities!

mmandela

Sueco estrella
haha why sell the best defensive midfielder in the world atm? I rate him as much better than Mascherano

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Although he really was playing like crap for the past six weeks or so, I also believe that Gnegneri is one of the best defensive midfielders Barça could get.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
to say yaya is better than masch. is totally stupid thing to say at least this season.but yaya can dribble pass few defenders like messi does....

i agree on form yaya is one of the best DM

Zqa-

I certainly think he's better than Masch.. He is as good as Masch in defense, but WAY better in offense (Masch can't do anything offensive wise).

M.L. King

The Preacher
And could you please elaborate on your opinion. It's simple to say someone is better that someone else. Please explain yourself. I'd like to hear your arguments, why Mashcerano is better than Yaya?

M.L. King

The Preacher
to say yaya is better than masch. is totally stupid thing to say at least this season.but yaya can dribble pass few defenders like messi does....

i agree on form yaya is one of the best DM

Having an opinion is not stupid. At least in this case. For me as well Yaya is at least good as Mashcerano if not even better. And just because of some bad performances in recent weeks you cannot label his season as a total flop. Obviously, a lot of you guys overlook what kind of work he does in the midfield. Football is not just about scoring goals; it'd be too boring. Yaya has been for me one of our best players this season. He brings a lot of balance in our game, the balance which a lot of time proved crucial. However, I believe he can get even better and I'm sure that with correct approach and attitude he can become one of the best players in the world.

alexjanosik

The Game
If you have seen Cambiasso and Masch play this season then you would know why they are better than Yaya.Cambiasso is the best DM in the world in my opinion.

Zqa-

Another splendid argument.

Okay, first of all; both Cambi and Masch plays on teams which plays alot more defensive than ours, which leads to second; because of both Inter's and Fools' more defensive strategy/play philosophy they often attend to play with two defensive midfielder (Xabi Alonso-Masch, or Masch-Lucas, and at Inter Cambiasso-Zanetti, Cambiasso-Vieira, Cambi-Chivu etc), which means that Cambi and Masch always got an partner to cover the midfield, which means that they have smaller areas to cover, which does their job Alot easier. Yaya on the other hand plays on a extremely offensive side which plays with 3 strikers and 2 midgets in midfield, who aren't exactly the best defenders/tacklers.. So, the area Yaya covers is twice as big as Masch and Cambi's, which makes his work ALOT more heavy and difficult, and together with that, he is the link between offense and defense, which he does in style..
Yaya is stronger and faster than both, and often have to cover for missing defenders as well.
And that's all for me, for now.

edit: Masch is a pure DM, which he is good at, no doubt, but both Yaya and Cambi can offer something in offense as well.

Last edited:

shadows

If you have seen Cambiasso and Masch play this season then you would know why they are better than Yaya.Cambiasso is the best DM in the world in my opinion.

I havent seen Cambiasso play..But I have seen masch..and i think its very close b/n him and Yaya..de thing in favour of Yaya is that he can pass well wereas Masch's inability to pass/shoot is covered up by Alonso @ liverpool..

alexjanosik

The Game
Good argument.
I can counter by saying that in most games Barca enjoy close to 70% possession and mostly play in the opponents half.Yaya doesnt have much to do.Masch and Cambiasso on the other hand play in defensive sides.They dont enjoy as much possession and consequently these two players have to do a lot more work.
I understand that the argument can go both ways.
And it is not true that Masch cant pass.He is a good passer.Still think that Masch and Cambiasso and better with Cambiasso being the best.

maz

I walk the line
Why do u THINK we play with 70% possession? Because alot of the time yayá intercepts attacks and wins the ball back for us. Perhaps not in the last 2 months but he is still very important to us.

Home of Barca Fans