Yaya Toure

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You guys are right about Yaya. He just looks unfocused, like the rest of the team. I can agree that there are a few DM's that handle the defensive a little better than Yaya, but his passes are better then most midfielders and he is also so strong that it looks like other players are kids that are trying to take the ball from an adult. But lately he's not even close to the form he was the first part of the season (just like the rest of Barca). Our squad needs more depth so that our players don't run tired.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
But the problem isn`t the tiredness. He played less minutes than any of our regular first 11 players. With exception of Iniesta, who has been injured on 2 occasions

maz

I walk the line
He could be mentally tired.

I dont know whether im going out of my way to defend him here..but dont forget he played a large portion of last season injured. He returned well during the first half of the season but perhaps it has taken its toll on him mentally. He doesnt look tired physically during games. He looks mentally tired. There must be a reason for that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don`t know what could it be? Playing in the best club in the world, fat bank account or living in the wonderful city of Barcelona? If he is mentally weak we have no use of him.
Sorry for being perfectly honest.

maz

I walk the line
I wouldnt call him mentally weak after playing through a back injury for more than a quarter of a season.

Its a conundrum

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Above was his Debut against Racing last year (0-0) and the only two rocket goals he ever scored in a Blaugrana shirt.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Very hard for me to rate his game vs. Almeria. I think his run to catch Uche was amazing and maybe made him fumble that shot.
Other than that he was slow again and reckless in passing.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Very hard for me to rate his game vs. Almeria. I think his run to catch Uche was amazing and maybe made him fumble that shot.
Other than that he was slow again and reckless in passing.

A little bit sloppy sometimes, but I still like him :lol: We all know he can do better and even if he makes some mistakes (if the mistakes doesn't lead to a goal) he makes up for them IMO. It's almost like he's stressed when he is playing, or maybe he knows something we don't know - maybe we are about to sell him and get a new DM?

maz

I walk the line
Yeah it was a very inconsistent performance. He was good at times, bad at times. It seems however that he is gaining a bit more focus than before.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Giant is coming to eat you!

35hgxnn.jpg

Home of Barca Fans