Yaya Toure

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I'd like for us to get him, and reports repeatedly suggest he favours a move to us, but the fact that he's African puts me off. To lose him AND Essien at ACN time would kill our midfield, taking into consideration that he'd most likely be our starting DM if purchased.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Yaya is the power in the midfield, I still remember that game against ManU in semis back in '08 with Rijkaard. He dominated the whole match, definetly his best game i can recall. For some reason, Pep prefers Busquets, I don't know why, but it would be a big mistake selling him. Yes, his form was not really good this season, but it was simply becuase he didn't have playing time, that was also the case last season, but as Pep gave him more and more playing time he became one of the key ingredients in our last years treble success. Buying Mascherano for anything more than 25mil. would be a terrible signing policy for me.
why do the same things go on and on again in this thread? it's becoming worse than ibra's thread. i even cba to post meta's statistics that busquets and yaya started equally as much in the beginning of the season, where he imo was the most disappointing.
Pep prefers Busquets, yes, you don't know why? well I do, because Busquets was the more logical player to play at that time of the season. you have to look past what he did in 2007 and look what he's doing in 2010 which is bs.

B

blueduck

From TEAMTalk (a decent and reliable site)

Yaya Toure's agent claims the Barcelona midfielder has already signed a deal with a Premier League club - and will arrive after the World Cup.

"If everything goes well, Yaya will go to England," Dimitri Seluk told Ona FM.

"But we can't talk about definite clubs. We already have a closed deal, and all will be resolved before the World Cup."

"It seems to me too much money. His club have shown they want him to leave, it's not normal that they're asking for this amount.

"If (Barca president Joan Laporta) likes Toure so much, he could have explained why he didn't play so much.

"This year we haven't spoken to him even one time, and if he leaves it's because that was lacking."

Hopefully going to join up with his brother Kolo.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cheap bastards. Offering 20 mil. only when you have all the money in the world and throwing more at Premiership noones. Which is good for Cules.. (see the poll above) as Yaya needs to stay.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Its a shame. 20m is so low considering the market.

He had a great first 2 years at Barca and last year he was still decent. I hope him leaving doesn't turn out to be what Makelele was to Madrid.

B

blueduck

Cheap bastards. Offering 20 mil. only when you have all the money in the world and throwing more at Premiership noones. Which is good for Cules.. (see the poll above) as Yaya needs to stay.

He had a great first 2 years at Barca and last year he was still decent. I hope him leaving doesn't turn out to be what Makelele was to Madrid.

Expect the final price to be more than that. Anyway it's not certain that he's coming to City.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I feel quite certain it will eerily similar to Makele...I think Yaya hasn't even scratched the surface of the player he will become

jairzinho

It is really looking as if we have seen the last of our friend Yaya in a Barca shirt. IT will be sad to see him playing for another club come next season. At least from his perspective, it will be better than warming the benches at camp nou. But for cules it will be sad to see a great player of this caliber leave the club for reasons unknown. He has always been a good player for Barca and probably was one of the best Defensive Mids in spain and europe in blaugrana uniform. Maybe it was a rift with him and Pep...no one knows...What we do know is that if he leaves then we surely have to sign another DM. Biscuits is a good player but is he ready to be our first choice DM ? maybe not. thats just my opinion.

M

Martin Keown

i read yaya toures agent says barca vaule him at around 36m euros. outrageous considering you offered less for cesc - where the reality and common sense within the barcelona hierachy??

B

blueduck

Another African player forced out of the club... coincidence?

Barcelona are a "Spanish" team after all...

:p

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans