Yaya Toure

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm getting stressed out about all that the media writes about him. I can't say that Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Puyol or Messi are more important for Barca than Yaya, because they are all equally important. It would be a shame if we did let him go since he is that good of a player. One of the best defensive midfielders I've ever seen! Stop stressing me out and sign a new contract with him!
And who would we want to get in his place? Xabi Alonso or maybe Mascherano? Yes, they would also be very good, but not as good as Yaya. And it would also take some time for a new player to adjust.
Barca looks a little bit shaky every time Yaya doesn't play. You don't have to be an expert to see that. Yes, Busquets is doing a good jobb. But not even close to Yaya. Self confidence is a good thing for Busquets, but he's a little bit to self confident and not safe enough.

Barca_Ray_USA

Hang Txiki or burn him at stake?

I agree that something is off in the management department that Txiki runs.
Toure is probably one (if not) the best DM in Europe so we should be doing everything to keep him. I didn`t one topic in Catalan press about his contract while Xavi, Valdes and Puyol`s got all coverage about theirs

Evil

Shabazz
Easily our best player tonight. Could have done better marking De La shithead .. but overall he did good. Just like against Mallorca, when he was at fault, he made up for it by scoring.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the highlights now and I am not satisfied with what I saw. 3 big mistakes in 1st half.

1 Foul on Juninho - from which the goal ensued
Let`s be honest here. Juninho is 35. If Toure, hailed by many as best DM in Europe, can`t take the ball from 35 y.o. or at least not make a foul in the dangerous area then there something wrong with the picture here.

2. Failed to block- it was Lyon`s 16 m shot that went slighlty wide when Toure was closer than 1 meter from the shooter. What did he do, turned his ass.

3. Blunder pass to opposition player - that very pass led to action where Benzema hit the post

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Yeah he had a bad game yesterday, in terms of defending our midfield was crap yesterday.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can`t run, can`t block, can`t mark. Was completely useless. Mid as well played with Bojan instead of him. At least the kid would try to do something

Home of Barca Fans