Your Barca formation

F

FCB_Titi_LB

yeah one day to expensive electricity and water bills will come up and Messi will be sold ! :)

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's really hard to tell considering signings are still a mystery, the only certain thing is that Pep is going to have one though job creating and balancing the starting eleven positions... Here is my take:

Usual 4-3-3:
VV
Alves Piqué Puyol Abidal (this will be our back four for sure)
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Messi Ibra Villa

Weird 4-1-2-1-2:
VV
Alves Piqué Puyol Abidal
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Cesc
Messi Villa

All guns blazing:
VV
Alves Piqué Maxwell
Xavi Cesc Iniesta
Messi Ibra
Bojan Villa

I didn't forget Pedro, he would be our super sub in every formation...

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Valdes/Pinto

Dani/Muniesa - Pique/Chysus/Fontas - Milito/Puyol/Botia - Abidal/Maxwell

Busquets/Yaya

Xavi/Cesc/JDS - Iniesta/Keita/Thiago

Messi/Pedro - Ibrahimovic/Bojan - Villa/Jeffren​
:2145960713mundoemot

M

modjie

If we get the players that the media is talking about it would look something like this..

Villa ----- Ibrahimovic
------ Messi---------

Iniesta - Fabregas - Xavi

Abidal - Pique - Puyol - Alves

My question is where is our defensive midfielder?

mobster_1930

---------------- Valdes------------------------
---- Alves ----- Pique ---- Puyol ----- Abidal
------Iniesta ---- Xavi ---------- Fabregas--
------- Mesi --------------- Pedro ----------
------------------- Villa/Krkić --------------

T

Topcat

I feel there is a misconception present that a defensive midfielder is a necessity for a successful Barca side. Pep has picked Busquets or Keita ahead of Toure throughout the season; neither of which are limited to a 'defensive' role, in the same way that Messi is not limited to that of a 'winger'.
Barca's game is, and always has been based on fluidity and for me, replacing Busi (who for me has been a weak link too many times) in the middle with Cesc will only add to that. In his early days at Arsenal, Cesc played in a deeper role and excelled. Though he has enjoyed more fruitful campaigns in more advanced poisitions for Arsenal, they are a side lacking the attacking impetus of Barcelona, so his presence further upfield was something of a necessity. I guess what I'm trying to say in a longwinded way, is that Cesc can do a great job as a midfield lynchpin, with all the passing ability and vision of his partners Iniesta and Xavi. Our game is based on interception, possession and build up, not tough tackling.

If all the signings come off, my starting XI would be:

__________Valdes__________
Alves__Puyol___Pique__Abidal
____Xavi___Cesc___Iniesta___
___Messi___Ibra____Villa____

Ideally I'd have Torres instead of Ibra, but let's not get hasty haha.

maz

I walk the line
Iniesta played effectively as the deep-lying midfielder several seasons ago, but he needed a big CM alongside him to boss the other team. For us that was van bommel. However when iniesta, xavi and deco played in the middle together we were torn to shreads. Cesc has more grit than iniesta, but I still think the 3 of them together wouldn't go down so well. However I think cesc coming in is a great thing because even though players like xavi have played for extended periods, we want them to be fresh for the 1/4, 1/2 and hopefully final of the CL. Or have a player like cesc to come in and replace them if they're injured.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
.........VV..........
dani...PQue...Pyol....Abdal
..............sergi..........
...xavi........cesc..
.............................don andres
...m.e..s.si.....villa..................

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Valdes/Pinto

Dani/Muniesa - Pique/Chysus/Fontas - Milito/Puyol/Botia - Abidal/Maxwell

Busquets/Yaya

Xavi/Cesc/JDS - Iniesta/Keita/Thiago

Messi/Pedro - Ibrahimovic/Bojan - Villa/Jeffren​
:2145960713mundoemot

Looks good to me :D
Squad depth looks fantastic there, lets just hope we can land Fabregas and keep ahold of Yaya and Ibrahimovic. Don't wanna see either of them go yet. Yaya just needs to get back to his best and he'l own the DM spot again while Ibra i think deserves at least one more season.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Valdes
Alves/Rafinha Piqué/Chimi Puyol/Milito Abidal/Maxwell
Xavi/Cesc Busquets(defensive)
Iniesta/Cesc/Keita
Messi/Pedro Villa/Bojan Pedro/Iniesta

That's about it for me. Starters in bold.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans