Youri Tielemans

BarçaBarça

Off to Monaco according to french press. Could be a good sign, meaning they will offload some players this summer. Hopefully some of them to us!

El Barcelona

Good signing for Monaco to bad we're not looking for him. Would be a huge improvement for our midfield considered how bad our bench is.

JamDav1982

Could have, yes. Better than whatever young midfielders we have on the team right now.

You would have signed him for 25m because he is better than youngsters at club?

Barca should be looking to develop own youngsters a bit more and getting in better starters for me. There is not a bottomless pit of money.

Last edited:

serghei

You would have signed him for 25m because he is better than youngsters at club

And for the considerable chances of him becoming a world class player in the next seasons. You can't be spending 70-80m for every talent, because you want to take them right when they are peaking. The future, with these insane prices being mentioned for established great players, will be with the raw(ish) talents like Tielemans. See Madrid with Vinicius Jr., or City with Jesus, or even Juve with Dybala. Gabriel Jesus is developing nicely already for City and will likely prove to be an absolute bargain.

JamDav1982

And for the considerable chances of him becoming a world class player in the next seasons. You can't be spending 70-80m for every talent, because you want to take them right when they are peaking. See Madrid with Vinicius Jr., or City with Jesus. The future, with these insane prices being mentioned for established great players, will be with the raw(ish) talents like Tielemans. Gabriel Jesus is developing nicely already for City and will likely prove to be an absolute bargain.

Barely a comment from anyone wanting him before he moves and as soon as moves it is all about folk scared Barca have missed bargain. Happens all the time.

Carries more weight if push for him before he moves really.

serghei

Barely a comment from anyone wanting him before he moves and as soon as moves it is all about folk scared Barca have missed bargain. Happens all the time.

I don't know about anyone, but I can post one of my own comments wishing we'd go for Tielemans from months ago, or even a year ago.

JamDav1982

I don't know about anyone, but I can post one of my own comments wishing we'd go for Tielemans from months ago, or even a year ago.

Folk mention young players all the time in passing comments. If really pushing for him to move in last few months that is different though.

Home of Barca Fans