Youri Tielemans

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
The kid is one of the best players in Belgian league and played in CL also. If Samper is good enough to get minutes (which he should get), then Tielemans is good enough for sure to be a squad player.
Although a pre contract instead of an immediate deal would be the best option.

Jombi

Our Belgian friends say he has stagnated. Maybe sign and loan out or something. We do need younger blood for sure, but 17-18 year olds is really pushing it in the other extreme direction from the Kuyt, Mathieu trend.

He is very young. I would prefer someone in their first of half their 20s, personally.

Galning

true to some extent, huge talent but in a weak league like the Belgian league he should stand out even more then he doesn right now, he is still very young though

This times a thousand. Exactly my point, and most people who actually watch him play weekly will agree with this. Players like Lukaku, Debruyne, Courtois,... all stood out. Tielemans? Not yet.

i_bleed_blaugrana

true to some extent, huge talent but in a weak league like the Belgian league he should stand out even more then he doesn right now, he is still very young though

His playing style is to not stand out, to circulate possession and keep the ball moving. You bring other players into the game and they shine, so that shouldn't be the determining factor of whether or not we get him. A lot of people don't like stats in football but for midfielders and particularly distribution-oriented midfielders, I think stats can tell you a lot about how they play and most importantly, showcase quantitatively how they impact a match.

And that's why I see so much value in Tielemans, he's extremely consistent and consistency is difficult for even world class players, let alone emerging talents. For me, I see a lot of Clarence Seedorf in him and particularly if midfielders with a physical edge are the types we'd like to pursue, there is tremendous long term value in signing a player like Youri, especially since Arda, Rafinha and Rakitic will be the only players he'll be directly competing with, even if it takes a second for him to adjust, the risks would still be marginal in comparison to the rewards.

It's why I'd much prefer a player like him over a big name like Pogba or Veratti. While overall I think Gundogan ticks all the boxes for what we need in a midfielder, especially if we want a cheap but promising prospect, Youri is a very solid bet.

We need to find a player who can complement Rafinha, because as long as he can bounce back from this injury, he has earned the right to be in the conversation about building the future midfield around and someone like Youri would complement him very well.

Just my thoughts, I like thrift.

khaled_a_d

Well it seems the rumours are gathering pace with him. I'd welcome his move tbh but we will see

Rumors gained pace earlier this year too ,then it was A.Madrid ,now us again
But would like him.he would be an interesting sign+loan type of prospect .

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
This times a thousand. Exactly my point, and most people who actually watch him play weekly will agree with this. Players like Lukaku, Debruyne, Courtois,... all stood out. Tielemans? Not yet.

Shined everytime I saw him play in the CL. Best player on the pitch in CL matches

Galning

Shined everytime I saw him play in the CL. Best player on the pitch in CL matches

His performances in Champions League are his best games. He's not even a definite starter at a poor Anderlecht in the Belgian League. He's a great talent, like a lot of kids, and insanely hyped on the internet by people who don't actually watch him play that often. One guy starts saying Tielemans is good and everybody just copies because it's what people say.

Just to be clear, I also think he is a great talent and a good football player (look at what I posted before in this thread) but at the moment not even close to what people make him out to be.

xXKonan

Van Holsbeeck (manager Anderlecht): "Whole world knows Tielemans. I can confirm Braida attended game against Tottenham on Thursday." [svm]

Home of Barca Fans