Yusuf Demir

Bobo32

Impressed me again. Did lose the ball a few times in positions which led to goal attempt counters though.

Clearly ready for first team dynamics in my opinion.

Mentality is above Trincao and plays like he believes he should be a Barcelona player.

How was Trincao been at Wolves pre-season anyone?

I am still not very impressed, but I agree he could and should play a bit for Barcelona A this season - although he should also have the ability to play for Barcelona B, so that he gets a lot of playing time.
I noticed these losses of possession as well, pretty clumsy on a few occassions. But these things will hopefully be shaven with some more playing time.
He had one very nice turn in the middle of the pitch as well, and he picked up a few loose balls here and there which was nice.

Bobo32

Why not? He's only 18 and this is his first games at the club. I understand that it's not good to hype a really young player up after only a few games and they are friendlies too, but you can really see the talent there. He's a great ball carrier and confident and looks mature.

I think he lacks in the decision making a bit, and is also a bit too weak/slow in some duels now and then. I think he needs a little bit of time to settle in to a higher tempo and higher demands. He also plays a bit too much "for himself" it seems to me.

But it's maybe wrong to say I am not impressed, as I said he should get some time already this year. He seems pretty promising and has handled the games pretty well so far. But I am not as fuzzed as some seem to be.

xXKonan

I think he's ready for a big role in the first team.

Some guys need a couple of years to develop in the lower categories but Demir he's another Pedri, just too good for his age to be wasting time in the B team in the Segunda Division.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's as if God is a cule and It keeps throwing us these gifts to keep afloat whilst board trying their best to burn Barca to the ground.

khaled_a_d

Should try to find another player like him on loan with a buy option for Barca B who could potentially play for the first team. Don't know who but this could be our way around stupid Tebas rules.

Can we do it with Eric Garcia? He is elegible to be B team and can play with 1st team unlimited number of games as he is still not 22

kattanib

I think he lacks in the decision making a bit, and is also a bit too weak/slow in some duels now and then. I think he needs a little bit of time to settle in to a higher tempo and higher demands. He also plays a bit too much "for himself" it seems to me.

But it's maybe wrong to say I am not impressed, as I said he should get some time already this year. He seems pretty promising and has handled the games pretty well so far. But I am not as fuzzed as some seem to be.

Bobo dont be a party popo

Depay you say is creative and you dont like that. And now Demir you say lacks decision making which is one of his strongest suits tbh and is why he consistently impressed in the 3 games he played.

What kind of players do you like?

Bobo32

Bobo dont be a party popo

Depay you say is creative and you dont like that. And now Demir you say lacks decision making which is one of his strongest suits tbh and is why he consistently impressed in the 3 games he played.

What kind of players do you like?

In the current squad I really like Puig, Busquets and Alba stylistically. Pedri and De Jong to some extent. Previously I really liked Xavi, Alves, Messi, Deco, Marquez and Thiago. Maxwell, Alexis, Adriano, Mascherano were some underrated players bought that I wouldn't moan about.

I would not say that it is an inherent weakness of Demir in the decision making, maybe I too will see it as his strong suit later. So far, I think he relies a bit on being young and fresh and in a nice mental state.
What I dislike stylistically about him is that he seems to either go for the decisive thing, or just play it safe - I prefer players that are less divided like that but always try to progress the ball in the optimal way. I also think he is a bit too free-flowing and unpredictable without the ball, I didn't study him very much here, it's more a feeling I have.

You have misunderstood what I've written about Depay, but let's keep that in his thread instead.

khaled_a_d

Nothing spectacular, but he showed a similar level to someone like Griezmann.
Didn't look out of his place there

fergus90

I thought he struggled initially and then just did okay. Looked very bright in pre-season though and hope to see him evolve with each appearance.

Home of Barca Fans