Yusuf Demir

ajnotkeith

I think everyone and the club needs to slow down a bit on Demir. He played good during friendlies but so did a lot of our team who looked like Alaves quality when we started LaLiga and had to deal with the real thing.

He strikes me as too slow to be an out and out winger, so he could have more of a free role/inside forward

Sooke

He is not a typical RW. He is more like a right attacking midfielder and for that position he does not need much speed. But, his technical level is above all our midfielders.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There is a lot to like to his game although I still do not comprehend why he was so quickly integrated into the 1st team when Collado could not be registered any longer in the B team

Nevertheless, he has a lot of quality, intelligence & ambition to be a great talent for us. I do not worry about his lace of acceleration/pace but believe he has to work on taking his man 1v1 down the flank rather than habitually cutting in centrally. Unfortunately, Koeman & Co. do not appear to be in the practice of developing talents

Zidane82

I simply can not imagine he is that much better than flamin Trincao who is absolutely shining in the much stronger EPL this season

Hopefully this lad is amazing but I would have kept Trincao and shared the right wing place between them both as they are both very young and inexperienced

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Trincao was like a deer caught in headlights, he showed too much fear here - the speed & space in England allows him far more cushion to take advantage of his very good dribbling skills. As I have remarked before, some players struggle to make the jump at a young age to a bigger club/league and similar might occur with Demir since Trincao also looked promising in pre-season last year

The difference, for me, is ambition/fear - Demir, I see a player with a bigger appetite to succeed here with less fear

I still see Konrad as having been a better option for Barca than Trincao, as it stands now I just hope Wolves exercise their buy option for the player as I see no future for him at Barca. Demir dreamed of succeeding here, ignored other options to come here and I believe he will thrive at Barca

vegitot

Trincao moved before Messi's departure so it can't be helped. If he can continue to do well in PL then Barca will have many options (either take him back or sell him with good price).

Joan

Trincao moved before Messi's departure so it can't be helped. If he can continue to do well in PL then Barca will have many options (either take him back or sell him with good price).

If he continues to play well Wolves will activate their option to buy.

ajnotkeith

Demir doesn't seem like an out and out winger who takes his man on down the sideline. He cuts in every time because he is more of a wide midfielder than a forward.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Demir doesn't seem like an out and out winger who takes his man on down the sideline. He cuts in every time because he is more of a wide midfielder than a forward.

Messi was similar but he had far more burst/acceleration than Yusuf

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nope. Messi was the definition of a perfect winger. He consistently went out wide and was vastly successful at it.

Almost always cut inside, the difference is that few could do anything about it when he did - it was rare he stayed wide, it was the criticism apart from his injuries that he was too left footed

Home of Barca Fans