Yusuf Demir

Windhook

Is it official? Can't find anything on it

Read in Mundo Deportivo they negotiate Demir's exit. Obviously wasn't called to training today as many others.

Not yet. I assume they haven't found a club from a top league yet, despite what the media says, no chance Bayern or others want him right now.

I doubt that, it's a loan deal. With a termination (guess we'll pay something in extra for breaking the deal) he will return to Rapid Wien.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Read in Mundo Deportivo they negotiate Demir's exit. Obviously wasn't called to training today as many others.

I doubt that, it's a loan deal. With a termination (guess we'll pay something in extra for breaking the deal) he will return to Rapid Wien.

I refer to Rapid Wien when I say they. They want to sell him.

Windhook

I refer to Rapid Wien when I say they. They want to sell him.

Ah, well. They can still sell/loan him, it's just not going to be Bayern or Dortmund or Juventus. Some lower ambition club in which he can develop, to me Demir is way back in development and Barca was a way huge jump for him. The likes of Pedri don't come out that often.

Andresito

Staff member

Doubt we'll pay extra. We have paid 0.5m for a full year's loan. It's actually favorable for Rapid that we cancel it halfway as I'd imagine those 0.5m stay in Vienna even if we only had him for half the time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Think they are just trying to find a club for him in Germany together with Rapid Vienna.

behindbrowneyes

Im sure we can cancel the loan.

Rapid needs the money more than they need him. In fact, they'd like to sell him for those agreed 10M. Demir himself doesn't seem to fancy a return to his home club either. Of course, he'd prefer to stay at Barca but he'd also agree to a permanent transfer to German Bundesliga if a good offer arrives. Give it a few more weeks and maybe there is a solution of a club in Germany paying deccent money for him.
In the end no one wins if he stays at Barca. Rapid fears of him getting injured badly. His value very likely will decrease too if he sits on the bench half a year without a chance of getting minutes. Barca has a player in the squad they can't use due to the mandatory buy-option at 10 games and Demir himself can't be happy either.

Home of Barca Fans