Yusuf Demir

Andresito

Staff member
Don't understand what's going on here. Best case scenario would be that some German club really wants him which means we can buy him for 10m and resell for a couple of millions extra.

Maybe there is something like that brewing, because otherwise we should just be able to cancel the loan, unless that buy option prevents that.

ajnotkeith

Don't understand what's going on here. Best case scenario would be that some German club really wants him which means we can buy him for 10m and resell for a couple of millions extra.

Maybe there is something like that brewing, because otherwise we should just be able to cancel the loan, unless that buy option prevents that.

Although media's haven't said it there may be some penalty clause, even if it is minor, that we are reluctant to pay.

MTL_Barca

Highly doubt that, most clubs in Germany can't afford to just blow 10+ mil on random talents, let alone in the winter on someone like Demir. Hasn't shown enough for the bigger ones to bet on him on a straight up permanent deal.

Normally we would probably just trigger the clause and loan him somewhere, but the financial situation doesn't allow for gambles like that atm so it's most likely best to just try to cancel the deal altogether and i guess that's what we're working on right now. We probably can't simply cancel the loan because we have a contract with Vienna so we'll have to work something out together first, what might take time.

Last edited:

Messi983

Frankfurt is apparently one of the clubs interested in Demir and we want Fabio Blanco from them. Was already reported before New Year that we'll sign Blanco for Barca B but nothing official yet. Could be something like this is in the works and since we don't own Yusuf they must also negotiate with Rapid.

Anyway, Demir is the least of our worries really. They should be working to offload likes of Coutinho and Umtiti and resolve the Dembele case.

vuji_31

Demir is bad and slow winger, could not care less.

There is no place for feelings if Barca want to be were they have been.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a cutthroat business.

He didn't show us anything to make those 10m worth it. I do feel for him though. It must be crushing to have your dream club turn you away but it happens a lot of times. If he's really that talented he has an ample amount of time to prove us wrong.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Poorly managed and that's down to Koeman - should've been registered with B team where he could've hit the ground running & Collado would've been registered with 1st team

I had nothing against the kid, I thought he showed promise but ultimately it was too big a jump in too short a time - book is not closed on him IMHO. I think there is talent there

JamDav1982

Demir being registered for first team squad was not on Koeman. Could easily have kept him in B team.

Neither was Collado situation on Koeman.

Both situations were on the board much more so than Koeman.

Stop spouting nonsense and if want to look at young players that developed in Koemans time at club it is probably better than any coach in memory for a single season.

Demir looked class in the Juve game then when real games came along looked like was shitting himself. Too much pressure too soon it looked like.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

He is back in Austria with Rapid, time to move this thread to other players. Wonder why Ferran wasn't registered with the #11, he could have been. I guess he just preferred #19.

Home of Barca Fans