Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Trillske

What joke of a team are they playing against? 1-5 :lol:
1-5 can happen to a good team on a bad day. But yeah, this is not really a quality team. :D If I understand it correctly they are even bad compared to the rest in league 2.

PSG are going really strong though. I´d place them top 5 in the world right now. But we will see what happens when they are up against Real, Barca or Bayern.

Last edited:

Theconomist

1-5 can happen to a good team on a bad day. But yeah, this is not really a quality team. :D If I understand it correctly they are even bad compared to the rest in league 2.

PSG are going really strong though. I´d place them top 5 in the world right now. But we will see what happens when they are up against Real, Barca or Bayern.

They played Real in a friendly a few days ago and they lost 1-0 but they could have very easily won with 4 goal difference; they absolutely dominated Real.
PSG just need an attacking midfielder for a plan B when Zlatan isn't firing and they could well challenge for the CL (THIS season).

Cule4life

The Culest
They played Real in a friendly a few days ago and they lost 1-0 but they could have very easily won with 4 goal difference; they absolutely dominated Real.
PSG just need an attacking midfielder for a plan B when Zlatan isn't firing and they could well challenge for the CL (THIS season).

That's why they are after Mata

pEllee

Finally he gets a place in the Fifa team of the year! Very deserved. Fourth in the ballon d'Or and a deserved Puskas award as well.

He's finally getting the recognition he deserves and it's only taken like what, 5 years too long?

Meitux

With all that, forgot to say a gratz to the big man for his award for the best goal and his place on the team. Bravo Zlatan.

SANNA

Big congrats Zlatan!! Long overdue

4th place in the total votes is his best so far as well.

The voting is abit of a joke and they need to change the way the election is done imo. Zlatans votes seem genuine tho which cant really be said for Messis nore Ronaldos votes :)

Zlatan: Ribbery, Messi, Ronaldo
Messi: Iniesta, Xavi, Neymar really.. zzzz
Ronaldo: Falcao, Bale, özil

Trillske

I just realized my award for player of the year goes to Zlatan. Despite my undying man-love for the big guy I am not irrational about it, so this is the first time as far as I know. In later years when he has made a case for it Messi has been undoubtably better than anyone, so it was always a race for second best.

Messi had a tough half of the season, so lets forget him for a while. Ribery is always incredible, but I dont think he is in this either.

If we would boil this down to Zlatan vs Ronaldo, my subjective opinion is that Zlatan has been the better player for some time now, and he has been kind of consistent about it. Ronaldos ability to be at the right place at the right time, create opportunities with his speed and exlosiveness and general ability to score a sh!tload of goals no matter how many he misses, is incredible. Maybe even unique. But he hasnt had it in him to change game dynamics or dominate fields not handed to him, challenges has rather had the opposite effect, and ultimately for me that settles it. For Zlatan its the opposite, he has started to step up his game just when you need him the most. Holding up play when the team cant catch a breath, kick starting the attacking line when the offensive is not working, sometimes taking care of business himself.

As icing on that cake they also had a show down over two games this year, and Ibra was superior in those.

Of course, neither Ibra nor anyone else will hear about The Trillske Award, but Im happy for him. In the end its all about performance.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I just realized my award for player of the year goes to Zlatan. Despite my undying man-love for the big guy I am not irrational about it, so this is the first time as far as I know. In later years when he has made a case for it Messi has been undoubtably better than anyone, so it was always a race for second best.

Messi had a tough half of the season, so lets forget him for a while. Ribery is always incredible, but I dont think he is in this either.

If we would boil this down to Zlatan vs Ronaldo, my subjective opinion is that Zlatan has been the better player for some time now, and he has been kind of consistent about it. Ronaldos ability to be at the right place at the right time, create opportunities with his speed and exlosiveness and general ability to score a sh!tload of goals no matter how many he misses, is incredible. Maybe even unique. But he hasnt had it in him to change game dynamics or dominate fields not handed to him, challenges has rather had the opposite effect, and ultimately for me that settles it. For Zlatan its the opposite, he has started to step up his game just when you need him the most. Holding up play when the team cant catch a breath, kick starting the attacking line when the offensive is not working, sometimes taking care of business himself.

As icing on that cake they also had a show down over two games this year, and Ibra was superior in those.

Of course, neither Ibra nor anyone else will hear about The Trillske Award, but Im happy for him. In the end its all about performance.

You mean the Portugal - Sweden WC playoff games? Was Ibra really superior to CR7 in those two games?

pEllee

You mean the Portugal - Sweden WC playoff games? Was Ibra really superior to CR7 in those two games?

No, but if you read the papers (and online) most of them reported that Ronaldo was superior. And that was some bullshit. Ronaldo had a shocker of a match in the first leg. But as usual, his tenacity was luckily rewarded and he scored. Ibra was left all alone, isolated against both Pepe and Bruno Alves. He basically had one job and that was to win his aerial duels, and bring others into play and he did that really well. You also have to remember how awful this Sweden side really is. It's an insult to a player like Ibra.

In the second leg Ronaldo did well to open the scoring. But was poor overall. His second and his third goals were examples of how good he is at finishing. But come on, that was some awful defending. The back four of Lustig, Nilsson, Antonsson and Olsson are so poor that no one outside of Sweden has even heard of them. They ultimately pushed up too high and fucked up the offside trap twice and left Ronaldo all alone.

If anything, Ibra did everything you'd want from a cf that game. Dropped deep, added support to the midfield, linked the midfield with the attack and was an aerial presence at the same time. He also created plenty of good chances and he scored two good goals. I'd say, he was better in that game.

CloseCheapAsiansmallclawedotter.gif

Last edited:

Trillske

I'd say, he was better in that game.
Thats not stretching it, looking at the total its two of the best performances I´ve seen him do. Not most spectacuair, but best. His job was completely horrible for 180 minutes, and he was near perfect (I only remember one bad touch and one bad finish) in executing what he could. In the end he was even close to send Portugal packing, and that would have just been unrealistic.

Ronaldo, on the other hand, except for his 4(!) goals he was complete rubbish. Other than the goals, worst player on the pitch both games. Only bad player in Portugal offense even, the rest put up two great performances. Ronaldo kept giving the ball away, and when given the chance missed almost as many sitters as he scored goals. As a swede, after a while you kept hoping he´d get the ball so we could counter. Well, before he countered himself that is.

But then, somehow, he ends up with 4 goals anyway - their only 4 goals -, which is an incredible result in a play off-tie. And its very characteristic. Somehow, he scores goals. And thats a damn big portion of beeing an attacker. So I think its very hard to rate his performance, but up to Ibras insane level he was certainly not.

He is indeed runner up in The Trillske Award though. I cant explain why he scores so much, but he does.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans