Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Zebulun

with the kind of goals he scores this guy is the answer to break any bus/ airplane/ whatever! he can score from anywhere too bad the refs in spain somewhat limited his game.

Trillske

Zlatan and CR have been going back and forth regarding who is the best, for quite a long time now.

In official rankings CR will be a head because he kick started his career in Man United and he is playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, as well as a more serious international team. That is just the way it is, but that is no reason for thinking individuals to be stupid, becuase individuals can afford a more reasonable analysis. They wont lose their jobs when they contradict the buzz.

If Zlatan wants to be concidered the best in the official rankings he will have to outperform CR completely. We are talking making a complete fool out of him in the play offs, doing great with Sweden in WC, and winning the CL for PSG, while CR does nothing special. Then, maybe.

But again, as individuals, we will be able to judge it more reasonably. And for the moment, Z is on top and then some.

Xtroverto

You obviously just dislike him. His so called inconsistensy is exaggerated. Look at his record over the past few years, it's usually a goal almost every game, not 3-5 games without a goal then a hat-trick which is common with many great strikers.

His inconsistency is more about playing really bad every now and then and not so much about scoring goals. Last season he was criticized for underperforming in PSG and even given the honor as worst player on the pitch in several matches by the french press, even in matches when he scored goals. That has always been his problem, mixing world class performances with going AWOL in other matches.

pEllee

His inconsistency is more about playing really bad every now and then and not so much about scoring goals. Last season he was criticized for underperforming in PSG and even given the honor as worst player on the pitch in several matches by the french press, even in matches when he scored goals. That has always been his problem, mixing world class performances with going AWOL in other matches.

That was my point, that's also a bit exaggerated. I don't ever think he was the worst player on the pitch except for perhaps one or two games. The french press were just quick to bash him when he was having an off day.

If he's having a bad day, he usually contributes with something good anyway. Often something that is decisive, either a goal or a final pass.

There's a huge difference between his world class performances and his bad performances though. However, many others can disguise an off-day by offering work rate. Ibra can't, it gets noticed even more so when a player that lacks a bit of mobility is playing bad.

Last edited:

Trillske

No, sorry but you are actually about 3 years late or something. This was true before though, he could even often go 3-4 months (spring) without performing near expected standards. Even looking disinterested in improving.

That all ended after his session at Barca. 2 years for Milan, 1+1/3 season for PSG, he has rather been the opposite, extremely consistent. The only period I can even call something of a slump is the end of his first season with Milan.

Much more so than CR, at least regarding bigger games. CR was completely useless the first 10(!?!) or so classicos against Barca, yet somehow he is viewed as consistent for Real. He was absolutely horrible half of the last EURO, yet somehow its known as the tournament where he started to carry Portugal. Because he showed up in two games.

It all seems to be carried from earlier years. CR was a monster for United, and had early success in big CL games. Zlatan has more grown into his career. So today, CR can have 8 bad games and 2 great and be considered constistent. Zlatan can have 8 awesome games and 2 bad, and be considered inconsistent. It is just unfortunate for him that early impressions tends to stick with peoples minds.

On a more positive note, I think his back heel goals will stick even more.

Xtroverto

No, sorry but you are actually about 3 years late or something.

Paris Saint-Germain-Dynamo Kiev 4-1 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 5/10 in LÉquipe September 2012
Saint-Étienne-Paris Saint-Germain 0-0 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 3/10 in Le Parisien November 2012
Paris Saint-Germain-Porto 2-1 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 4/10 in L'Équipe December 2012
Paris Saint-Germain-Lille 1–0 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 4/10 in L'Équipe January 2013
Paris Saint-Germain-Marseille 1–0 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 4/10 in Le Parisien February 2013
Paris Saint-Germain-Sochaux 2-3 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 4/10 in L'Équipe February 2013
Paris Saint-Germain-Toulouse 2-0 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 3/10 in Le Parisien September 2013
Olympiakos-Paris Saint-Germain 1-4 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 3/10 in L'Équipe September 2013

The thing about the french press is that it isn't selling Zaltan like for example the Swedish press, this leads to a much more balanced viewpoint. In france they simply write from much more neutral point of view as raving about Zaltan isn't going to sell them more copies, as is the case in Sweden and even in to a certain degree in Italy.

This will change of cause if Zlatan stays in PSG for 2-3 more seasons and become a club icon, then the press will have to begin skewing their writing on him just to sell those extra copies to his fans.

Last edited:

silentwaves

Paris Saint-Germain-Dynamo Kiev 4-1 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 5/10 in LÉquipe September 2012
Saint-Étienne-Paris Saint-Germain 0-0 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 3/10 in Le Parisien November 2012
Paris Saint-Germain-Porto 2-1 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 4/10 in L'Équipe December 2012
Paris Saint-Germain-Lille 1–0 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 4/10 in L'Équipe January 2013
Paris Saint-Germain-Marseille 1–0 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 4/10 in Le Parisien February 2013
Paris Saint-Germain-Sochaux 2-3 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 4/10 in L'Équipe February 2013
Paris Saint-Germain-Toulouse 2-0 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 3/10 in Le Parisien September 2013
Olympiakos-Paris Saint-Germain 1-4 Zaltan worst player on the pitch for PSG, 3/10 in L'Équipe September 2013

Ohh please, why can't some people just enjoy the game. Of course taking the responsibility to be the biggest star gives you the biggest attention and applauds when you have a good day, but you are the one to be bashed hardest by media when it's going the opposite way. You can't use bitch media articles as stats. Believe me, there always been worst player than ibra on the field in every game he played in Psg. It's just media, I can use your way too show you then stats that you wouldn't really like.

Ibrahimovic has been in the last 3 years the best player in his position, and the world is just accepting it now.

Just embrace the king, he is on a different planet right now. Mark my words, not even Portugal will stop him now, he will take Sweden to the WC. Christina who? He will score, but that will not be enough.

Finally it feels like ibra is getting the recognition he deserves.
Just download his latest game and watch him, he is so in balance right now, he walks on water.
It's not even about him, it's about football, it's about how he touches the ball, if you love this game, then you should watch him. There is no sign of aging in his game right now, he found a new way to develop, to play. I believe it's a lot thanks too Barcelona, he became a ten times better playmaker here, and he's split vision just got crazy.

If he developed so much in one year here, can't imagine what he would be today if he would've stayed. But it's life, he's career has been fantastic anyway.

Last edited:

Xtroverto

Ohh please, why can't some people just enjoy the game. Of course taking the responsibility to be the biggest star gives you the biggest attention and applauds when you have a good day, but you are the one to be bashed hardest by media when it's going the opposite way. You can't use bitch media articles as stats. Believe me, there always been worst player than ibra on the field in every game he played in Psg. It's just media, I can use your way too show you then stats that you wouldn't really like.

Ibrahimovic has been in the last 3 years the best player in his position, and the world is just accepting it now.

Just embrace the king, he is on a different planet right now. Mark my words, not even Portugal will stop him now, he will take Sweden to the WC. Christina who? He will score, but that will not be enough.

Finally it feels like ibra is getting the recognition he deserves.
Just download his latest game and watch him, he is so in balance right now, he walks on water.
It's not even about him, it's about football, it's about how he touches the ball, if you love this game, then you should watch him. There is no sign of aging in his game right now, he found a new way to develop, to play. I believe it's a lot thanks too Barcelona, he became a ten times better playmaker here, and he's split vision just got crazy.

If he developed so much in one year here, can't imagine what he would be today if he would've stayed. But it's life, he's career has been fantastic anyway.

So it took you 3 years to post your first post, and on top of it, it is completely out of context with the post you responded to :whistle2:

And your argument that the french press is more objective than others is completely out of context as well. The time he has or hasn't spent in France is also irrelevant. Oh, and Ibra is the club icon, he is in the central spotlight, for the world and a solid half of PSG's fans. Don't tell me Rabiot is the icon.

Of course taking the responsibility to be the biggest star gives you the biggest attention and applauds when you have a good day, but you are the one to be bashed hardest by media when it's going the opposite way. You can't use bitch media articles as stats. Believe me, there always been worst player than ibra on the field in every game he played in Psg. It's just media, I can use your way too show you then stats that you wouldn't really like.

This seems to be directly addressing the issues you raised in your post, but hey i may be high on acid or something.

Last edited:

Xtroverto

And your argument that the french press is more objective than others is completely out of context as well. The time he has or hasn't spent in France is also irrelevant.

Of cause it is relevant, there is no emotional attachment to him, therefore french journalists are faaaaaaaar more objective in their point of view, it also helps he is not french. Ibra doesn't sell newspapers in france, in Sweden he is litterary GOD, they can write up a story of his last diaper shopping with Helena and that story alone will sell tens of thousands of extra newspapers regardless of how non sensical it is. In Italy he is the most recognized foreign footballer, he sells more than both Messi and Ronaldo combined. In France he is still just a PSG player, he does not sell 30-40-50 thousand extra newspapers every time L'Equipe put him on the front cover.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans