1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't get Pinto hating ,his last couple of year might have been awful but he was really solid early on and was very solid back up GK between 2008-2011 .

Exactly!

And that last season, even though he was not very good on the pitch, he kept on being what he always was - a beacon of optimism and good mood in the squad. And that is worth a lot, and can't be measured in stats. I miss seeing him on the training field.

And on the bench :pep:

Indeed. Guys like Pinto and Alves are rare these days.

Egert

Estonian Culé
11gtvky.jpg

Onuphrius

I don't get Pinto hating ,his last couple of year might have been awful but he was really solid early on and was very solid back up GK between 2008-2011 .

Almost +1

Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have been in a club of Barca's stature last season but we didn't lose a single point in Liga because of Pinto. Yes, he didn't make many gavesavers but after Valdes got injured Pinto was pretty reliable and a true professional between the sticks.

Of course one can argue that if we had had ter Stegen, we would probably have won at least one trophy. But is it really fair to second guess things like that? If Tata had had better gameplan on second leg against Atletico, or we had had a little better luck in opening match, we would have gone to semis and may even all the way to the championship. If that Messi's goal against Atletico hadn't been called an offside (wrongly), we would have won La Liga. If Bartra had just destroyed Bale by the sideline at the 85th minute in Copa final, we would probably have gone to overtime. All individual mistakes. OK, UCL against Atleti was mostly a mistake from manager, but others were a referee mistake and a individual mistake from a squad player.

I say it again. Maybe Pinto shouldn't have been in a club of Barca's stature last season. And maybe not even a season before that. But it really is not fair to blame the guy or say things like "I really cant believe we had someone like Dutruel or Pinto in our team". Pinto did what he was asked to do. He really was quite solid backup for Valdes. And all this doesn't count what kind of a man he is outside of the pitch. All his time in the club he seemed to be like a glue that kept the squad together. He was the guy that was friend with everyone and kept sure that people had things to laught about.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have been in a club of Barca's stature last season but we didn't lose a single point in Liga because of Pinto. Y

Yes we did... He was beaten at his near post constantly while Valdes was out injured. Not to mention his lack of focus got us eliminated from the CL.

khaled_a_d

Sorry but I always thought that a club like Barca deserved a much better goalkeeper than Pinto.
The lad was 38 when we released him.
And yeah I think that Dutruel was the worse GK we ever had :lol:

We weren't gonna get some one better than Pinto b4 2011
People easily forgets how good he was early and it is sad how most football fans remember many footballers by how they were when they were old not what they gave
Also prior to 2013 very few GKs would accept a bench role in a big club over starting job in smaller team ..most clubs either put a youngster or an old GK as their 2nd GK .we were lucky that Celta was relegated and Barca bench looked way better for Pinto,a GK who won Zamora less than 2 years b4 moving here
it is very new trend that top clubs has 2 world class GKs and that they would accept the role .in 2011 or b4 or may be even until 2013 that was rare .absolutely rare ,for some reasons solid starting GKs in Liga like Navas/Bravo/Moya suddenly accepted moving to bigger club knowing they most probably gonna be 2nd GKs and will have to fight to be no1
Pinto was better than most of the GKs we had in the last 2 decades not named VV (obviously I am talking until he left,Bravo/MATS not in the conversation) .he should be respected for what he did overall in over 6 years .2 CDR was won with him as a starting GK and 2 other finals .not to be slammed for the last season only

yahudi

easily the biggest gk troll in barca history... dat penalty save vs mallorca, dat offside whistle vs kopenhagen, dem dribbles inside the penalty area

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
He was an average shot stopper (Fine for a back up GK) but his skills on the ball made me cover my eyes whenever he got the ball at his feet.

Kohe321

That one was good. Laughed at Bartras answer on whether or not he likes beer: "all you Germans like your beer... so yes". :lol:

Kohe321

Showed off some more of his epic distribution skills, the way he can work as a safe backpass option and manage to find an open wingback (or even midfielder) with one of those hard, low-flying long passes is just awesome. He's such a perfect fit for Barca.

He also handled the few involvements he had to do regarding actual goalkeeping very well. Keep it up MAtS!

Home of Barca Fans