1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
https://twitter.com/elchiringuitotv/status/1474184948290658313

Jose Alvarez who's not extremely reliable, but should not be dismissed either is claiming we want to sign Rayo Vallecano GK Stole Dimitrievski now in January. It's his exclusive.

Dimitrievski has been one of the best GKs in Spain this season and is in the top of most GK categories. If this is true, which would be quite a big if, I wonder if this means ter Stegen is toast.

I cannot see someone like him who's having a great season coming to Barca to be our bench warmer in place of Neto when Rayo are in 4th place currently and he's starting for them.

malvolio

https://twitter.com/elchiringuitotv/status/1474184948290658313

Jose Alvarez who's not extremely reliable, but should not be dismissed either is claiming we want to sign Rayo Vallecano GK Stole Dimitrievski now in January. It's his exclusive.

Dimitrievski has been one of the best GKs in Spain this season and is in the top of most GK categories. If this is true, which would be quite a big if, I wonder if this means ter Stegen is toast.

I cannot see someone like him who's having a great season coming to Barca to be our bench warmer in place of Neto when Rayo are in 4th place currently and he's starting for them.

'someone like him'? The guy is a nobody who happens to play for a club that happens to unexpectedly find themselves in 4th place.

Bench warmer at Barcelona would be his life's highlight. Don't think our board has plans to ditch Ter Stegen in January for a bum like this one.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
'someone like him'? The guy is a nobody who happens to play for a club that happens to unexpectedly find themselves in 4th place.

Bench warmer at Barcelona would be his life's highlight. Don't think our board has plans to ditch Ter Stegen in January for a bum like this one.

He is a good GK. Navas was also a ?nobody?. Many keepers are better than Stegen in his current form.

Messi983

Also had a good Euro and was solid in previous years so not a one season wonder. His clause is apparently 6m. I could see us going after him if Neto will leave. Would be a bigger competition for MATS and also save us money. From what I could find he's earning 240k yearly in Rayo so even if we double or triple his wages it would still be a far way off from what Neto is getting.

Rory

What does Ter Stegen currently offer us? Genuine question, just wondering what you think his positives are. Been out of form for 2 years now so we can probably safely assume this is simply his level now. At best he was a good keeper in games we were fully in control of at his worst he's been an open goal. I understand the argument of there's other areas to improve but surely we have to look at replacing him now. If we signed a good goalkeeper and a good attacker we'd be 10 points higher in the league.

ajnotkeith

Saying somebody is bad because they don't play for a big club is a real fallacy. How do you think people's careers progress in football? Does every single good player in the world play at a big club?

I think we know that isn't true full well given we have someone who got released from a third division club starting for us right now.

Such as with Coutinho, there comes a point where reputation doesn't indicate the player's ability anymore. You are thinking of how good old Ter Stegen was, but we've had several years of him being a open goal now, which as Rory said above is probably just his real level now.

Last edited:

malvolio

Also had a good Euro and was solid in previous years so not a one season wonder. His clause is apparently 6m. I could see us going after him if Neto will leave. Would be a bigger competition for MATS and also save us money. From what I could find he's earning 240k yearly in Rayo so even if we double or triple his wages it would still be a far way off from what Neto is getting.

Competition for MAtS is the likely option. Neto is shite and rotting on the bench anyway.

The others that think Xavi is going to suddenly replace Ter Stegen for this chap need their brain examined.

The guy is a nobody, literally. The likes of Navas and Caballero were far better known and had better credentials to get moves to top clubs.

Devils

FHVcYv6XEAQ0yAc

Highest save percent in La Liga. MAtS is just terrible as usual.

On a side note, Oblak fall off has been stunning.

BarcaOG

Banned
300 goals conceded in 300 games? wow, that is pretttty awful

he had 1-2 seasons for us, thats about it. we really need an upgrade

Home of Barca Fans