1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

Sailor Mars

This forum would want MATS to be subjected to unspeakable acts if he let in the same goal that world class keeper Alisson let in against Leicester.

raedkuwait

look at a keeper how can he keep a team in the game, look at liecester keeper, if they had ter shit, they would have lost 4-1, and stegen lovers would say, fix the
defense firs, lolol, they want a defense that would not let in any shots on target, i mean wtf.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
look at a keeper how can he keep a team in the game, look at liecester keeper, if they had ter shit, they would have lost 4-1, and stegen lovers would say, fix the
defense firs, lolol, they want a defense that would not let in any shots on target, i mean wtf.

Hes been shit for a while now, that game was an outlier from him. not a good example.

Sailor Mars

So Ter Stegen is accused of letting in easy saveable goals.

I post about how other keepers considered world class let in similar goals.

And the only response is that Ter Stegen lets them in more often?

It is a valid rebuttal but not a very strong one.

MATS does not let in these type of goals more than other keepers.

Additionally, GK, imo, is the least valuable position in football. It is like the runningback in the NFL or the GK in the NHL or Center in the NBA. You need to just have an above average one and surround them with good players. It is futile chasing an elite player at the position. The return isn't worth the investment.

It is more important to invest in having good outfield players and a manager with good tactics rather than chasing an elite GK to bail the team out.

BerkeleyBernie

It is more important to invest in having good outfield players and a manager with good tactics rather than chasing an elite GK to bail the team out.

I basically agree. However, if one has a truly top-level keeper, it certainly can make the difference in the W/L column. Even one more goal saved every few games game can alter the results, a W or D instead of a D or L.

I definitely agree better outfield players and tactics are FAR more important to Barca right now.

gregorrin10

That last save reminded me of his save to Lewandowski in the 2nd semifinal leg in 2015. If only we somehow still had or at least got that GK back.

Home of Barca Fans