1 - Victor Valdes

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That pass/clearance or whatever it was, costs a goal... It's his second blunder of the season, so his credit has expired...

M

mitkoa7x

didnt know he used to hate being a GK

I got this from totalbarca's website.

D

danumber10

He's not that good of a keeper in my opinion but he suits barca. I'd love to see Esteban Andrada as his replacement. He's so much better than Valdes was at his age and he's only 20 I think.

gingerless

he makes those dreadful passes and concedes shitty goals because he wants to get fired so he can go play as a striker in some other team

MacBoss

amazing video!!! didnt know that too...
The video remembers me at myself ... I was a goalkeeper as well and i hated it because I felt the pressure to make mistakes...
Valdes is a great person and I rate him to be the best goalkeeper in the world. Mistakes like yesterday can happen - almost everyone made individual errors.

X

xaviniesta

i have sooo much respect for this guy.

he is ALWAYS the most under pressure. succeeding in barcelona as a goalkeeper you have to be mentally really strong. i fcking laugh at those who says that it's the easiest job in the world.

"You’re sitting at your desk minding your own business, and suddenly a bunch of people run toward you and one of them kicks a ball at you, really hard. That’s the life of Victor Valdes."

everubody remember the messi's hattrick , but nobody remembers how valdes stop in about 50' zigic, after the broke the offside trap and were clearly 1v1 with valdes, who stop him. after that messi scored the hattrick and everybody remembers that.

everybody remembers the beautiful 4-0 win against santos in the CWC, but nobody remembers how valdes made 3 cruical saves.

everybody remembers how we beat 2-0 madrid in 2008/09 at camp nou, but nobody remembers how valdes denied drenthe 1v1 when it was still 0-0.

the 5-0 against tenerife, malaga 4-1, there are so many examples.

everybody remembers the beautiful pedro goal vs real madrid 2nd leg CL semi final, but who broke the madrids pressing 6 man pressing with one pass? yes, valdes, when he played the goalkick shortly with valdes.
Real-Madrid-vs-Barceloa-Champions-League-LEG2-124-630x454.jpg

so many goals have started with victor. he is always under pressure, if he makes a mistakes, EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD SEES IT. but if the plays 1000/1000 passes correctly to his teammmates, nobody gives him credit. our 70+ possession is mostly thanks to him.

where was the praise when he did those things? thats right, nobody gives him the praise. i don't know if he makes the really hard job look so easy, people could not understand that, i don't know.

but they are always here to mock him after mistakes. everybody are so good to blame. how dare them even call themselves fans or cules. i really hate these guys. i really do. deep in my hearth. barcelona's game has been build to the philosophy that they have. it's not that one mistake and you are gone. NO. when pep lost his first game against numancia, he drove back to barcelona with the team, everybody were quiet on the bus for an hour. then guardiola told. we don't change anything. we stick with our philosophy. and thats how it should be.

respect to :valdes:

and everybody else should seriously look into the mirror for ONCE IN THEIR LIFETIME!!!

i can't belve that guys like razor have been 15 years barcelona fans and still are the first ones to start doubting about valdes and guardiola how to play and do things right!

Chainsaw

Killahead
xaviniesta, whatever girl or boy you are, all what I was saying was that Valdes should stop trying to be so over confident in sucha risky situations. In those kind of situations 99% of times the GKs just clear the ball as far as possible. What Valdes was trying to do in that situation (when the opponent's players were close, literally pressing him) he had to just clear the ball than arrogantly trying to pass the ball like that. If you can't understand such a simple rule then you're just wasting both of our times and as your last post suggest as well acting melodramatic for sucha simplest thing. Try to understand what the other guy is talking about before you start drama over it and making silly conclusions about it. Going personal was just worse.

oggmar

Last edited:
D

danumber10

Not that good of a keeper? You've got to be shitting me wow.

And to fucking bury that shitpost of yours i'll post some stats aswell

http://notbottomline.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/is-spains-number-1-also-spains-best-goalkeeper/
Maybe I used to wrong words lol. Ok , I think he's great but when it comes to goalkeeping there is better keepers out there. Valdes suits Barca perfectly though. I would not change Valdes for any other keeper not b.c there aren't better keepers out there but b.c he is the perfect fit for Barca. less goals conceded doesn't really tell you who the best keeper is. It actually tells you who which team has the best defense ( yes that Includes Valdes but it is NOT ONLY valdes) . He suits barca b.c of his passing and his character is great. He's a true leader. But I still rate Casillas above him. Valdes tends to make terrible mistakes ( that's the price to pay when you are always trying to play the ball) but I'm happy with him and wish Esteban Andrada could be his substitute.

ivan22

i

everybody remembers the beautiful pedro goal vs real madrid 2nd leg CL semi final, but who broke the madrids pressing 6 man pressing with one pass? yes, valdes, when he played the goalkick shortly with valdes.
Real-Madrid-vs-Barceloa-Champions-League-LEG2-124-630x454.jpg

THIS, THIS, THIS! There was a small article in my local newspaper the day after the game. It also covered the story of the video above, that was the first time I read about it.

Maria

He's not that good of a keeper in my opinion but he suits barca. I'd love to see Esteban Andrada as his replacement. He's so much better than Valdes was at his age and he's only 20 I think.

Bojan was scoring more goals at 16-17 than Messi..I reckon we should trade to 2 of them. It's not like Messi has more character than little Bo anyway.

You should show more respect to the GK who was instrumental in Barca's 2006&2009 CL and our last league. Same goes for Messi, Iniesta or Villa. When I read your posts I have the vague impression that this is your first year as a Barca supporter..that or your don't have any memory. Sorry if I am to blunt, but you're one of the worst posters on this forum..and even worse, your opinion on players changes as fast as the wind's direction.

D

danumber10

Bojan was scoring more goals at 16-17 than Messi..I reckon we should trade to 2 of them. It's not like Messi has more character than little Bo anyway.

You should show more respect to the GK who was instrumental in Barca's 2006&2009 CL and our last league. Same goes for Messi, Iniesta or Villa. When I read your posts I have the vague impression that this is your first year as a Barca supporter..that or your don't have any memory. Sorry if I am to blunt, but you're one of the worst posters on this forum..and even worse, your opinion on players changes as fast as the wind's direction.
First get over it, this is a forum. It's not like Valdes is reading my posts. I don't have to think like you to be a cule. I'm aware of what Valdes has done for us but my opinion won't change, I still think there is better keepers out there. If you read some other comments I said he was perfect for barca because of his style and would not trade him for other keeper. Neither bojan nor Messi have character. Keepers usually keep form for longer than field players (that's why some keepers can play up to their 40's.) So saying a keeper is good today is saying a keeper will continue to be good, specially a 20 year old. I have respect for Messi but I don't have to agree with you about him being the best ever. So how did exactly have I disrespected Iniesta? by saying I think Silva is if not as good at least close enough? that's disrespect in your book? then you must be 12. and how did I disrespected Villa? by saying I think Van Persie is in better form? come on. I'm sorry I can look at football past barca and its players. I don't even support any other teams besides barca, never have never will b.c this comes from childhood and you don't pick which team to support but I'm not a fan boy who thinks only our players are good or only our team is good or only la liga is good.

oggmar

Same thing in Iniesta thread, and in every other thread, your annoying danumber10.

Home of Barca Fans