1 - Victor Valdes

psychotsek

Hope we give him to Tottenham. He'll get to be on the bench of a mediocre PL team, where he belongs. Speaking of which, it was a really dumb move by him to reject the contract extension. Now he'll either warm the bench or play for a shit team (or both) and probably earn less than half of what he does at Barca.
And speaking of Tottenham... maybe we should give him + cash for Lloris. Those 2 deserve to switch clubs IMO.
Lloris isn't on our radar though. Seems like our targets are great young keepers like De Gea, Courtois and Ter Stegen.

Lloris was great for OL but haven't watched him much this season.He is more experienced keeper than all the players named above and should be on our radar as well.
Straight swap with Lloris would be a smart move.

Lloris was great for OL but haven't watched him much this season.He is more experienced keeper than all the players named above and should be on our radar as well.
Straight swap with Lloris would be a smart move.

Lloris is probably the only (somewhat) experienced keeper we could (somewhat) realistically get. Surprised he isn't on our radar. Like I said though, it seems like the club is targeting good young keepers like De Gea, Courotis and Ter Stegen, rather than a more experienced one like Lloris (tbf, there are far more young options than experienced ones).

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lloris is probably the only (somewhat) experienced keeper we could realistically get. Surprised he isn't on our radar. Like I said though, it seems like the club is targeting good young keepers like De Gea, Courotis and Ter Stegen, rather than a more experienced one like Lloris (tbf, there are far more young options than experienced ones).

Lloris? Available? He just joined Spurs this year and they are definitely not looking to sell because they have no backup.

Lloris? Available? He just joined Spurs this year and they are definitely not looking to sell because they have no backup.

For some reason they benched him in the beginning of the season. But yes, they'd be dumb to sell him. It was dumb to bench him for a 41 year old too, so who knows. I'm surprised he isn't even on our radar, but yes, he'd probably be expensive if we could get him at all.

Thing is, he's probably the experienced keeper at that level that we are the most likely to get. Which says a lot about the availability of other experienced keepers.

Kerrybai

For some reason they benched him in the beginning of the season. But yes, they'd be dumb to sell him. It was dumb to bench him for a 41 year old too, so who knows. I'm surprised he isn't even on our radar, but yes, he'd probably be expensive if we could get him at all.

Thing is, he's probably the experienced keeper at that level that we are the most likely to get. Which says a lot about the availability of other experienced keepers.

Benching him wasn't permanent it seems, more a case of giving firedel one last chance at glory. Loris is their future.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Brad Friedal was in great form and was a very intimate player for Spurs. That would be like us permanently benching Puyol if we buy Hummels. Lloris took a little time to adapt to the Premier League and AVB was smart not to immediately stick him in without any transition. The only real experienced yet good keeper we have been linked with is Guaita, the rest are youngsters or Reina who is crap.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Do you really think Masch is better than Busquets as a DM? Because really, Busquets is on an entirely different level imo.
Anyway, I don't think Masch is shit as a defender, but I agree that he should be a back-up, not a first choice (which is currently the case when everyone is fit)

Who I think is a better DM is besides the matter. What's being implied here, to sell Masch because he's a shit defender and you already have Sergio and Song in DM, is ridiculous. Masch is a better DM than Song, that's a fact. So why was Song bought? And of all of your players besides the obvious trio, I see only Masch being able to play the kind of high pass that assisted Pedro's equalizer.

Masch is being misused in CB, or at least not being used to his full potential. Place Song there and he's sure to underperform as well. Will it be sell Song then as well?

N

Noldorin

Do you really think Masch is better than Busquets as a DM? Because really, Busquets is on an entirely different level imo.
Anyway, I don't think Masch is shit as a defender, but I agree that he should be a back-up, not a first choice (which is currently the case when everyone is fit)

This is fair. Puyol sand Pique are already ahead of him in the line-up, rightfully. Bartra should be as well, and he's not; that's by far the thing that makes me saddest!

khaled_a_d

Brad Friedal was in great form and was a very intimate player for Spurs. That would be like us permanently benching Puyol if we buy Hummels. Lloris took a little time to adapt to the Premier League and AVB was smart not to immediately stick him in without any transition. The only real experienced yet good keeper we have been linked with is Guaita, the rest are youngsters or Reina who is crap.

He isn't good ,not barca good at least

Who I think is a better DM is besides the matter. What's being implied here, to sell Masch because he's a shit defender and you already have Sergio and Song in DM, is ridiculous. Masch is a better DM than Song, that's a fact. So why was Song bought? And of all of your players besides the obvious trio, I see only Masch being able to play the kind of high pass that assisted Pedro's equalizer.

Masch is being misused in CB, or at least not being used to his full potential. Place Song there and he's sure to underperform as well. Will it be sell Song then as well?

Masch was good in last 2 season for the 3rd CB role ,we needed a CB because he had to play too much with injury crisis
i really don'r like Masch as DM for our style of play ,I actually think Song is the better player for us ,may be Masch is overall better player but not for Barca

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

I would say De Gea is pretty experienced, he's been getting a lot of playing time with United and has been excellent on the big stage. However, I do agree with how the Spurs managed things, so there is that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I would say De Gea is pretty experienced, he's been getting a lot of playing time with United and has been excellent on the big stage. However, I do agree with how the Spurs managed things, so there is that.

Yea de Gea is experienced even though he is really young. Btw love the sig :lol:

N

Noldorin

He isn't good ,not barca good at least

Masch was good in last 2 season for the 3rd CB role ,we needed a CB because he had to play too much with injury crisis
i really don'r like Masch as DM for our style of play ,I actually think Song is the better player for us ,may be Masch is overall better player but not for Barca

Exactly. Mascherano is actually a great DFM for English teams or the Argentine national team, but he doesn't fit the Barca style as well as Song in that position, despite perhaps being a better overall player.

F

Flavia

The new MD rumor is that Wenger wants him. Arsenal would be a good choice for him, I guess.

N

Noldorin

We should send Valdes and Villa to Arsenal, and recover some of the extortionate figure we payed for Fabregas (who was ultimately OUR player in the first place), not to mention the over-priced Song transfer.

Home of Barca Fans