1 - Victor Valdes

N

Noldorin

At this point any price for any keeper will be blown out of proportion, as everyone knows that Valdes is leaving and that we simply have to buy another keeper. So prices will be huge because they can be. We'll spend big bucks either way.

Enough money for a quality new keeper could be generated by selling Villa and Mascherano in the summer though. We could wait on buying a backup keeper until Pinto leaves at the end of next season. I'm still not convinced we need to buy a new CB, if Bartra can get enough time from now until the start of next season... And a definite no to Neymar/another new forward. Net cash flux does not need to be very much at all this summer!

Ronaldinho

i don't see SAF will let De Gea go he maybe make 1 or 2 costly mistake sometimes but SAF always consider him as part of long term project, i think Guaita will be decent choice if we can get him at reasonable price

aaron101

Reports says that we have 45M transfer budget this coming summer. I just don't know if that includes the money we'll get from Villa and other player's sale. I just hope we can get more or less 17M for Villa.

Ronaldinho

Reports says that we have 45M transfer budget this coming summer. I just don't know if that includes the money we'll get from Villa and other player's sale. I just hope we can get more or less 17M for Villa.

Villa contract ends next summer right?besides he will be 32 this year i don't see any team will pay Barca 17m

Richard.H

Enough money for a quality new keeper could be generated by selling Villa and Mascherano in the summer though. We could wait on buying a backup keeper until Pinto leaves at the end of next season. I'm still not convinced we need to buy a new CB, if Bartra can get enough time from now until the start of next season... And a definite no to Neymar/another new forward. Net cash flux does not need to be very much at all this summer!

Why would Barca sell Mascherano? The team has very few CB's.

aaron101

Villa contract ends next summer right?besides he will be 32 this year i don't see any team will pay Barca 17m

Well, Barca's asking price for this summer's transfer is 20M. That is their starting price. However at January transfer window, Arsenal offered us 12M if I remember it right. So maybe we can get even 13-14M.

N

Noldorin

Because he is shit?

Exactly. And while he's a DFM, we already have Busquets and Song in that position. Also, if Barca is given more time (heck, even Muniesa), then we have 3/4 CB's, which is sufficient really. :p

psychotsek

First time he was introduced to the starting line-up i was skeptical..
A couple of years later i thought he was great and really fitted well to the team.
When he started moaning to get a better contract i got suspicious but his performances continued to be exceptional and lead Barca to give him a huge ammount for his value.(Etoo :/ )
Now after his latest press conference i just think he is being disrespectful and that's not cause he wants to try another ''challenge''.
He should take notes from players like Buffon who never left their team (even if they got relegated..).
His recent actions will cost Barca a fortune to replace him and that's unacceptable for a massia product.
Hope Barca finds soon a better keeper to replace him (which imo won't be that difficult albeit expensive) and as for VV to end up to a small EPL club where he belongs..

PearLBLacK

Banned
Can Busquets and Song play that wonderful ball for Pedro's equalizer in the SuperCup 1st Leg? Masch is a beast DM, except you play him in defense.

First time he was introduced to the starting line-up i was skeptical..
A couple of years later i thought he was great and really fitted well to the team.
When he started moaning to get a better contract i got suspicious but his performances continued to be exceptional and lead Barca to give him a huge ammount for his value.(Etoo :/ )
Now after his latest press conference i just think he is being disrespectful and that's not cause he wants to try another ''challenge''.
He should take notes from players like Buffon who never left their team (even if they got relegated..).
His recent actions will cost Barca a fortune to replace him and that's unacceptable for a massia product.
Hope Barca finds soon a better keeper to replace him (which imo won't be that difficult albeit expensive) and as for VV to end up to a small EPL club where he belongs..

Hope we give him to Tottenham. He'll get to be on the bench of a mediocre PL team, where he belongs. Speaking of which, it was a really dumb move by him to reject the contract extension. Now he'll either warm the bench or play for a shit team (or both) and probably earn less than half of what he does at Barca.
And speaking of Tottenham... maybe we should give him + cash for Lloris. Those 2 deserve to switch clubs IMO.
Lloris isn't on our radar though. Seems like our targets are great young keepers like De Gea, Courtois and Ter Stegen.

Wouterinho

Can Busquets and Song play that wonderful ball for Pedro's equalizer in the SuperCup 1st Leg? Masch is a beast DM, except you play him in defense.
Do you really think Masch is better than Busquets as a DM? Because really, Busquets is on an entirely different level imo.
Anyway, I don't think Masch is shit as a defender, but I agree that he should be a back-up, not a first choice (which is currently the case when everyone is fit)

Home of Barca Fans