1 - Victor Valdes

BlaugranaGirl

Thats because Casillas has to be more active during the whole game. He has to save more shots than valdes, which means the chances are higher to make mistakes.

According to fcbarcelona.com Valdes only made 65 saves during 35 games.. which is extremely low.. like 1.8 saves per game.
True. Casillas' job is a tougher one than Valdes'. But he still made uncharacteristic mistakes last season, that was the only point I was making.

katac

I don't want him to leave.. and also I think it would kinda ruin his career (hope I'm wrong). And he's Iniesta's best friend, and I don't want Ini to lose him....:p
Does anyone know how much he demads?

A

Assulin

I don't want him to leave.. and also I think it would kinda ruin his career (hope I'm wrong). And he's Iniesta's best friend, and I don't want Ini to lose him....:p
Does anyone know how much he demads?
I think he demand as much as Casilla, 9 million euro..

aRegularAce

That's probably cause your team never let the opposition have enough of the ball which would see to them having enough shots on goal for Valdes to save. :p

Yeah I know :p... but I meant that valdes is taking too much credit. The zamora wasn't won by him... the team did the job for him imo... It's ridiculous that he thinks he's in the same tier as messi, iniesta, xavi. The team would do just fine with another solid gk imo.

beef-supreme

Valdés should stay. We wouldn't get anyone better. If he doesn't want to sign a new contract unless it is a 9 million euro contract, then he can just play out the rest of his contract and we'll see if he has a sudden change of heart. He might realise that the grass isn't so green outside of Barcelona. He does not deserve the same pay as Xavi and Iniesta because Xavi and Iniesta are consistent, and that can hardly be said about VV. And he doesn't deserve the same as Casillas, because he is the leader, heart and soul of Madrid (whatever little they have). I am confident that a deal will be reached because it's quite clear that VV's agent is just trying to play hardball. He will eventually realise that it's either he succumbs to Barca's demands, or his career is virtually over at the top level. In the end, if Valdés doesn't sign a contract and he goes for free in 2010, then I'd put my money on City picking him up and giving him a loooot of money.
As risky as it sounds to trust him to renew once his contract ends, Barca mustn't give in because
A) I trust a Másia culé to want to stay on at Barca
B) i trust that if Barca refuse to give the 9ME, Valdés will eventually settle for 6ish
C) If Barca doubts Valdés or his agent's integrity, they can attempt to sell and bring in Asenjo
D) We can't afford to give in to ridiculous demands and make the same mistakes as we have in the past. It is important to maintain the salary structure that has played an important part in keeping the club going.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Such a shame really. He`s a solid goalkeeper and a local boy.
May I remind you that we haven`t got such a keeper since Zubizaretta. And that`s 20 years back. Since then pretty much every keeper coming from outside was a major diappontement.
Baia, Enke, Rustu... All were considered among the best GK`s before they joined Barca. So when I see people throwing new names I don`t get too optimistic. Having to play in a game where you barely see the ball before the opponent comes at you is quite different than defending your net against attacking teams

E

Esteve

I really hope he stays but if he leaves over money he can go fuck himself. He's lucky to play for Barça. Him & his agent are just acting the bollocks.

Evil

Shabazz
Latest reports are saying that no deal will be reached, and the club is already looking for a replacement, with Frey being top of the list. His agent is asking for Valdes for 9m per season with the likes of Xavi, and only Messi being more payed than him. We are offering 6-7m per season I think, and the gap is quite huge so there's no deal.

I'm having a sort of sad-happy mixed feeling here :unsure:

maz

I walk the line
The problem is that its only xavi, iniesta and messi that have renegotiated in the past season or two, so its hard to compare vv's demands with the rest of the squad. When other players like puyol renew they wont ask for the same salary..they will be bumped up a million or two. vv should be level with xavi on salary. They have both been servants to the club for many years, and vv has been very good. He is the zamora this season. People have been praising him after the CL semi final and CL final but he has been playing that way for ages. He makes the disastrous mistake ~ once a season but so does every keeper. Xavi also has off days too.

E

Esteve

Nothing annoys me more than players asking for more money. Valdés is replaceable. He & his agent should accept what the club are offering.

E

Esteve

I'm not sure I want to :unsure: Would be interesting but some things are best kept private.

maz

I walk the line
If you put a value on all masía players, it should be messi at the top, followed closely by xavi and iniesta, and just behind them vv, and then puyol.

Home of Barca Fans