1 - Victor Valdes

E

Esteve

I'm disappointed in Valdés. A former youth player demanding more money from the club :sad:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
He's earnt some form of improved deal, so the club are offering him over 100k a week. 9m a season (160k a week) is taking the piss and I get slightly annoyed when players start taking the piss out of my club. Messi earns that money because he's the best in the world, VV isn't even the best in his position.

B

barcafan_84

He's earnt some form of improved deal, so the club are offering him over 100k a week. 9m a season (160k a week) is taking the piss and I get slightly annoyed when players start taking the piss out of my club. Messi earns that money because he's the best in the world, VV isn't even the best in his position.

true, if he played in a team who takes a lot of shot he woudnt have won Zamora, sorry, i appreciate Victor but he has the rest of the team to defend the titles won, Diego Lopez on the other hand fucking crazy protects his goal taking a lot of shots and therefore giving his team a shot!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
like I've said, he's negotiating as high a price as he can get. if he starts that high, when we talk him down he'll get a higher price than if he asked for less straight away.

it's a bit shit, but that's modern football.

he'll sign a new deal, he knows no club in the world will pay him what he's asking us to pay (if he is indeed asking that much, all we've heard is laporta saying he couldn't believe the demands).

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
That may well be the case Meta, but the lack of progress in the talks is alarming. I am pleased to see the club playing hardball though

Beast

The Observer
like I've said, he's negotiating as high a price as he can get. if he starts that high, when we talk him down he'll get a higher price than if he asked for less straight away.

it's a bit shit, but that's modern football.

he'll sign a new deal, he knows no club in the world will pay him what he's asking us to pay (if he is indeed asking that much, all we've heard is laporta saying he couldn't believe the demands).

Laporta said he is as good as Iker... well it's only normal for his agent to ask the same salary as Iker.. he digged his own grave... maybe it's better to talk less next time

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
absolutely right, beast.

That may well be the case Meta, but the lack of progress in the talks is alarming. I am pleased to see the club playing hardball though

we did the same with yaya.

we gave them the chance to be reasonable, they didn't wanna be so we started looking at mascherano. all of a sudden yaya's Mr 15% got a lot more reasonable.

the same will happen with valdes' chap once we start looking at asenjo and frey.

maz

I walk the line

Its been his club longer than it's been your club. Not to mention he has been a major part in us winning 2 CL's, 3 la ligas and a copa del rey.

Having said that, he isnt taking the piss out of your club. He is negotiating a high price that he feels he is worth based on what the club have said about him (particularly laporta), and the role he has played at the club. If it back fires then thats his problem.

Beast

The Observer
Evil is right Maz... if it's up to me Puyol should be the highest earning player.. that's the case of Raul in Real
the Captain should not be paid less then other players , especially if consider the current captain has won more European trophies then any other captain in Barca history

Puyol is a person i admire a lot.. a true pro

maz

I walk the line
Valdes higher than Puyol ? you must be kidding mate

So we should pay based on sentimentality? Why is puyol worth more a year than vv? Puyol should be captain over vv, but not ahead of him on the payscale. He isn't first choice CB, and is 31 years old.

BlaugranaGirl

Laporta said he is as good as Iker... well it's only normal for his agent to ask the same salary as Iker.. he digged his own grave... maybe it's better to talk less next time
I do agree with you there, Beast. Laporta should think more before he speaks sometimes.

maz

I walk the line
Evil is right Maz... if it's up to me Puyol should be the highest earning player.. that's the case of Raul in Real
the Captain should not be paid less then other players , especially if consider the current captain has won more European trophies then any other captain in Barca history

Puyol is a person i admire a lot.. a true pro

John terry always has salary parity and i disagree with it. I love puyol, but i feel in terms of salary he should not be the highest the whole time he is captain.

Home of Barca Fans