1 - Victor Valdes

ebieymjunior

Masip should take Oier's place as backup keeper for the rest of the season and be promoted next season.
And if Valdes renews for a year, Barca could sell him in January instead of him leaving for free.

That way this could be who plays when (till January):
Champions League: ter Stegan
League: Valdes and ter Stegan (January: just MAtS)
Cup: Masip

FC B

why are people saying that our season is going down the toilet just cause Valdes went down?

Because we've got to the toughest part of the season and Pinto is old, unused to play regularly as a starter and it is likely that he'll not rise to Valdes level in the short time left from this season.

CatalinR10

BjwsK2KCcAA8XMJ.jpg

Barcilliant

I have always been critical of Valdes but he has overall been great for us. Renewing him is the right thing to do if the injury puts off other clubs. Its a damn shame though. We have had a lot of shit luck in the past couple seasons but this tops it all. We're in the home stretch and need ALL our best players and THIS happens.

Duke

Fuck you. Valdes is a fucking legend and he deserves to be treated with respect fromthe club.

no player is bigger than the club. Get that in your head.

While I like VV but he has made his decision and I bet you if he continue for another season his performance will drop cuz of lack of motivation. Didn't occur to you that his amazing performance this season based on World Cup selection to be the main GK and to get a good contract from teams like city? his performance before was mediocre.

If we don't sign Ter Stegan he might sign for another club and risk losing him or buying him expensive in the future.

Howes

Nothing changes, Ter Stegen is a done deal and Valdes will be moving on.

It's just a shame his career at Barcelona has ended this way,

khaled_a_d

no player is bigger than the club. Get that in your head.

While I like VV but he has made his decision and I bet you if he continue for another season his performance will drop cuz of lack of motivation. Didn't occur to you that his amazing performance this season based on World Cup selection to be the main GK and to get a good contract from teams like city? his performance before was mediocre.

If we don't sign Ter Stegan he might sign for another club and risk losing him or buying him expensive in the future.

I don't like that concept ,players makes club gr8 same way clubs helps players,both are nothing w/o each other

Fuck you. Valdes is a fucking legend and he deserves to be treated with respect fromthe club.

Thing is he didn't treat the club well with his departure ,he decided not to renew,not to accept to be sold that we get some money from him
If we decided we don't renew Abidal last summer when he could actually have helped the team I don't like the idea of the club offering 1 year for VV when he didn't even bother to wait till off-season to announce his decision
Also from both sport and financial decision it makes no sense,we already got our 1st choice GK for next season and he will demand to play right away ,not to come and find himself on bench after few months in his 1st season ,MATS will be under enough pressure and no need to add VV on that
Also VV is one of the top paid GKs in the world ,you can buy a CB like Schar with VV wages in 1 year

Nothing changes, Ter Stegen is a done deal and Valdes will be moving on.

It's just a shame his career at Barcelona has ended this way,

this

BorussiaBarcelona

There's no way that Valdes hasn't already signed with his new team. Otherways, you just don't announce that you don't renew your contract with Barca, if you haven't already a guarantee from someone else.

So I expect him to join his new club and finish his rehab there and I also expect him to announce his new team pretty soon.

Duke

I don't like that concept ,players makes club gr8 same way clubs helps players,both are nothing w/o each other

Players can come and go and they know the Barcelona football club is more important than any individual. We do expect players to want to be part of Barcelona and if they do not want to be part of it, then the door is open for them going elsewhere. Valdes gave to this club some years even though he was an average keeper for many years (minus few seasons), the club didn't opt to sign a new keeper to compete with him and always wanted him to be their main keeper. He won so many trophies could've been won with him or without him. So he should be more thankful not the other way around.

Home of Barca Fans