1 - Victor Valdes

P

Patty2720

Barcelona will offer Victor Valdes (32) a contract renewal if he can't join another club this summer because of his knee injury. [ara]
F*** no, Barca should not be some last resort/rebound club because he couldn't join another side.

F

Flavia

F*** no, Barca should not be some last resort/rebound club because he couldn't join another side.

Wtf? It's the right thing to do. Valdes gave a lot to Barça, and if he needs help during this difficult time, he'll get it. Barça won't turn the back on him.

khaled_a_d

Barcelona will offer Victor Valdes (32) a contract renewal if he can't join another club this summer because of his knee injury. [ara]

Probably just a PS , really doubt teams like Man City(under Txiki) or Monaco would hesitate to sign him because of the injury
Also I doubt either MATS or VV would like the idea of being together in same team ,good GKs usually hates those type of competition and always prefer to be playing in a team where they are guaranteed to be starters

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Valdes is a keeper, not a midfielder or forward. There is almost no chance this injury will mean the end of his career. He'll be disappointed and frustrated, get an early vacation and watch plenty of football from the stands and TV as he recuperates and regains match fitness.

Then, he'll be back to being Victor Valdes. Most likely with his new team. Barcelona can very well offer him a renewal if none of his first choices want him now, this is the right thing to do and will not harm the club in the slightest.

Barcelona already have their keeper of the future in Stegen, if the other teams rescinded their offers for Valdes in lieu of this injury, he'd come back to Barca as a back-up and mentor to Stegen. I'm sure this is not an ideal situation for Valdes, but it would be a perfect one for the team.

Jelboo

This is so fucking sad I have been unconsciously trying to avoid even thinking about it. I have no words. Poor Victor, what a sad way to end his career here, and then, after working so fucking hard, he misses the World Cup. This is just unbelievably awful.

And I'm sorry but I have no faith in Pinto to perform anywhere near Valdés' level this season. With our leaky defense in place, this is looking BAD.

barcanuck

Well this may be a blessing in disguise somehow. Would be epic if he stayed but we still need Ze German.

psychotsek

Wtf? It's the right thing to do. Valdes gave a lot to Barça, and if he needs help during this difficult time, he'll get it. Barça won't turn the back on him.

Sorry but i think you are wrong.The right thing to do was not to renew him in the first place when he announced his departure.If you don't want to be at the club for whatever reasons then don't.He did gave a lot but not for free.He has been one of our top paid players and one of the top paid keepers.I remember he got his desired wages a long time ago when he had some very ''rough'' negotiations with the club.His wages were even bigger than Etoo's at the time..Currently only Puyol,Xavi and Iniesta are the ones who gave everything and didn't care about wages (i didn't mention Messi cause while he is up there with them he has many years ahead of him,hopefully all at Barca).

Kerrybai

Probably just a PS , really doubt teams like Man City(under Txiki) or Monaco would hesitate to sign him because of the injury
Also I doubt either MATS or VV would like the idea of being together in same team ,good GKs usually hates those type of competition and always prefer to be playing in a team where they are guaranteed to be starters

He won't be competing with him, just spending his time in Barca recovering.

F

Flavia

Sorry but i think you are wrong.The right thing to do was not to renew him in the first place when he announced his departure.If you don't want to be at the club for whatever reasons then don't.He did gave a lot but not for free.He has been one of our top paid players and one of the top paid keepers.I remember he got his desired wages a long time ago when he had some very ''rough'' negotiations with the club.His wages were even bigger than Etoo's at the time..Currently only Puyol,Xavi and Iniesta are the ones who gave everything and didn't care about wages (i didn't mention Messi cause while he is up there with them he has many years ahead of him,hopefully all at Barca).

All players care about wages. Valdes is in a difficult situation now. And I'm glad Bartomeu already told him the club has his back. That's what always separated Barça from other clubs.

USWAY

I have no problem bringing him back, but only as Ter-Stegen's back up. He made his decision that he didn't want to be Barca's #1 GK anymore so it's time to move on, no injury should change that.

Home of Barca Fans