1 - Victor Valdes

maz

I walk the line
All keepers do that! Freekicks arent like penalties. Keepers dont just choose a side and dive there...they go where the ball is going. The reason for the jump up is so that you give yourself more momentum for when u try to dive to one side.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

All keepers do that! Freekicks arent like penalties. Keepers dont just choose a side and dive there...they go where the ball is going. The reason for the jump up is so that you give yourself more momentum for when u try to dive to one side.
there is a difference between bending knees frequently ,awaiting the right moment to give yourself some extra boost and what valdes did :extreme jumping with feet off the ground ..he was in the air (feet of the ground) when the shot was taken ...he could not react ..he had to be on the ground

Evil

Shabazz
Wow, are we still arguing about that freekick? :lol: Keepers make mistakes, no big deal there. The main point I was trying to make is that Pinto is currently better than Valdes, sad that he can never break into the first team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You know I`ve been defending Valdes all this time. His reaction weren`t perfect vs. Numanica but still.. Aren`t we too critical sometimes?

Evil

Shabazz
lol very critical .. It´s normal to makes mistakes, especially when we win with 4 goals plus Valdés has been solid from the begining of the season, and I´m very happy with his performances. The only point I wanted to make is that there is should be competition within the team for a starting spot, and when the 2nd goalkeeper puts in world class performances in all the cup matches (he even had to do more work and saves assuming the 2nd line defense we gave him) it´s fair that he should get an oppertunity with the first team. This isn´t the case in our team, Valdés seems to have that first team spot without any question regardless of how he or the 2nd goalkeeper perform.

IraqiCulé

It was soooo typical Valdes. So typical. It's like he does those "pass-to-the-opposition" plays in training.

[YOUTUBE]Al9Q_TU4iIw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
A

Almunia

He was downright awful tonight, but I'm still not sure I want him out of the club. He is IMO the best 1on1 keeper in the world, which has saved us countless times. I just wish he would be more conservative with his kicking. He's obviously crap at it, so just boot it out of play when under pressure.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Victor Valdes has stated that he is weighing up what to do next as Barcelona remain quiet on a new contract amid reports that the club are looking for a new goalkeeper.

Talks on a new deal have yet to start and in a week that has seen the Catalan custodian under the spotlight once again for the goal he conceded against Olympique Lyonnais, he does not know what will happen.

Barcelona have vowed to offer new deals to all their long-serving players whose current contracts expire at the end of next term, but have yet to speak to Valdes.

"I have evaluate my future," Sport quote him as saying. "I have heard nothing from the club, but they know what has to be done.

"Now I only have a contract until 2010 and I am a professional."

With all the discussion about Juninho Pernambucano's goal and the fact some fans are disgruntled with him, Valdes has stated that he used to being the centre of attention.

"I have felt like I have been under a magnifying glass since I was 20 because Barca's goalkeeper is always under pressure," he continued.

"The whistles do not effect me as I have heard them before. The only thing I care about is the support of the coach and my team-mates."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Home of Barca Fans