1 - Victor Valdes

maz

I walk the line
What he needs is some competition, because everybody knows that Jorquera and Pinto aren't really comparable to him... I agree he needs to be benched for a couple of matches...

But does he? Its not complacency which is causing this dip in form..its lack of confidence. And by the looks of things the more we play him, the more his confidence dips. We need to bench him only because it means he can collect himself again.

IraqiCulé

Well I didn't blame Valdes for the 4th goal, I just said he could have done better at closing the angle but you can't blame him considering this is Aguero pouncing on the ball. Oh well, let's put this game behind us.

Barca_Ray_USA

He made 3 good saves. But then again he did nothing to prevent the Forlan`s shot. He just stood there and had plenty of time to at least try

maz

I walk the line
I understand people blaming him for the espanyol goal..and i can respect that people would blame him for the juninho goal. But the forlán goal??? Come on now..

Benetton

The Rolling Stone
Valdes should be replaced with someone better and active. 40% of past 2 defeats blame should go to him.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Valdes is in a dip of form just like every player is sometimes... he does not seem as strong mentally as he use to do. We must accept him, try to remember what he has done both this season and previous ones. The El Clasico win was very much thanks to him for example...
He is the most pressured player in our team and has to stand a lot of critisism. Just because he is a goalkeeper he must be good in every game, the other players can be replaced and rest but he must stay the same all the time.
It's not fair to him to compare him with Casillas and expect him to be as good, Casillas is the best goalkeeper in the world together with Julio Cesar at the moment...

When things go bad and he screws up he has to take more blame than anyone else. If offense, midfield or defense screws up it's often more then one players fault, but this is not the case for Valdes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we can afford to bench him for next 2 games. Pinto usually plays in Copa anyway and Bilbao at home shouldn´t be a problem.
Who knows, Pinto might just surprise us

BobbieBlaugrana

I'm on board with you, mmandela. For all the smack I've talked about him in the last 2 games, I'm still convinced of vv's superiority in the box. I'm just afraid Barca's gonna can him anyway. Poor guy.

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
Aye, sometimes we get carried away while losing and blame everything on Valdes. Let´s see how the season pans out, way to early to dismiss him

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The question now is. Will he play vs. Bilbao or we will see Pinto?
I think that Jose deserved a chance to play in La Liga match.

maz

I walk the line
VV has been solid for a few seasons now..the only major mistakes he has made in the last few season were against liverpool. In the CL season he was solid, and before that it wasnt since Valenica (we all remember the villa goals) that he had made any mistakes. The problem is fcb keepers always get scrutinised because we havent had a world famous keeper there since zubi. All our famous names are outfield players. Not to mention we have been reknowned for having an attack much better than our defence, so whenever goals are let in the media point the finger at vv..they seem to ignore the clean sheets vv usually has a massive hand in earning.

Right now he is low on confidence. He should be dropped but only in the knowledge that its for his benefit. He will return..

Home of Barca Fans