1 - Victor Valdes

veryfatchocobo

Valdes certainly deserves that spot behind Casillas. However, considering that Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets seem instant starters for Spain, I doubt Del Bosque will add a 6th Barça player to the squad. It's not good to have your best players not play for the NT, but it's not good when it's 6 Barça players to 3 RMers, 3 Valencians, and some EPLers and other Spanish teamers in the NT.... This will cause not only political problems but also locker room problems as our players can gang up on any of the other team members and cause rifts. Also note, as I said, all our members currently representing the NT are starters. IMO, it's better to keep a balance of teammates from each teams instead of playing all of the players on one team at national level.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Valdés was superb yesterday. So calm and extremely confident on every aspect of his game. And reading about gang-ups in Spanish NT is pretty ridiculous. Surely that's a bit far-fetched, eh?

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He's just getting better and better, and he's been damn good for a few seasons now. Made some crucial saves last night that kept us ahead.

barca96

lol gang up?
they are not in elementary school lol

and what are they going to fight over?
who sleeps with who?
who get's first in line for the buffet?

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Valdes certainly deserves that spot behind Casillas. However, considering that Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets seem instant starters for Spain, I doubt Del Bosque will add a 6th Barça player to the squad. It's not good to have your best players not play for the NT, but it's not good when it's 6 Barça players to 3 RMers, 3 Valencians, and some EPLers and other Spanish teamers in the NT.... This will cause not only political problems but also locker room problems as our players can gang up on any of the other team members and cause rifts. Also note, as I said, all our members currently representing the NT are starters. IMO, it's better to keep a balance of teammates from each teams instead of playing all of the players on one team at national level.

Spot on its nearly impossible to have 6 barca players in the national team

Fourteen

Monster Masch
True, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that VV deserves to be there.

He'll also have the factor of inexperience at that level go against him, which is a crying shame, but the way things work sometimes.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
True, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that VV deserves to be there.

He'll also have the factor of inexperience at that level go against him, which is a crying shame, but the way things work sometimes.

Yes he BY FAR deserves to be there... but it just wont happen... its a tragedy tbh

but hopefully he will still enjoy his summer and hopefully have some titles and maybe a zamora to celebrate this season to make up for it

mobster_1930

I'm reading this news from elmundo, and it says that Valdes wanted to quit football some years ago if I'm correct. Does anyone know why ?

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Utter pimp. I don't buy that "Ooh too many players in the NT" thing either, no way. Dude deserves to be there and everyone knows it including him, he's always asked by shitty journalists about his lack of NT action. It's a fucking injustice.

Ah well, at least his only competition for the Catalunya squad is Jorquera and hopefully Olazabal :p

TheMessiShow

Well on his way to his third Zamora and yet to get a call-up.... absurd.

Does anyone know what the standings for the Zamora look like.... I assume its 19 goals conceded for VV and 28 for Iker?

Home of Barca Fans