1 - Victor Valdes

XaviMessiGirl

If it's true like I hear that he doesn't get on well with Reina, he won't be going no matter how much he deserves it... bad blood like that wouldn't be good for the team.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Yep I doubt either will make it. with 7 cut you'd expect a couple from each position gone and lopez and valdes seem to be the goners for the 3rd keeper choice

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
If not Valdes, I hope De Gea makes it, he's had such a fabulous season and he has really impressed me a lot, he's definitely the best performer for Atletico this season. A lot better than Lopez in my opinion. And looks like Bojan won't make it considering he's not even in the preliminary squad, and the fact that Guiza is in there instead makes me :puke:

Otherwise a pretty good squad I think, hoping Pedro makes it but he probably won't.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
If not Valdes, I hope De Gea makes it, he's had such a fabulous season and he has really impressed me a lot, he's definitely the best performer for Atletico this season. A lot better than Lopez in my opinion. And looks like Bojan won't make it considering he's not even in the preliminary squad, and the fact that Guiza is in there instead makes me :puke:

Otherwise a pretty good squad I think, hoping Pedro makes it but he probably won't.

Bojan will need an Injury to go now

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Pedro's immediate competitors are Guiza and Negredo, Llorente will add another dimension to any strategy so he will go. Other than that I don't see Bojan having any part in this WC unfortunately, he's not in the provisional squad so that matters closed.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
I never understood why national team coaches go by reputation rather than form...

Indeed, Titi should be nowhere near it, Yet is he Captain for France? :lol:

Pedro's immediate competitors are Guiza and Negredo, Llorente will add another dimension to any strategy so he will go. Other than that I don't see Bojan having any part in this WC unfortunately, he's not in the provisional squad so that matters closed.

Yup, Llorente is going, Pedro is highly unlikely. Bojan needs Villa or Torres to miss the whole world cup to even have a chance, Incidently, No Canales either..

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Canales doesn't deserve it, the WC isn't a place to develop youngsters, and he's been rather quiet for the second half of the season. I don't watch a lot of Racing matches but he missed quite a few sitters against some bottom-table team and seemed unsure of what to do with the ball a lot of times.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Perhaps it had escaped me before but looking over at the seasons stats it appears that Victor started every Primera and CL match?...Wonder if Pep intends to implement more of a rotation at keeper next season

beef-supreme

Perhaps it had escaped me before but looking over at the seasons stats it appears that Victor started every Primera and CL match?...Wonder if Pep intends to implement more of a rotation at keeper next season

That's what happens every year, and it's what happens with most big teams too. Unless there is an injury, e.g. Chelsea. Or old age, e.g. ManU. But Casillas, Valdes, Reina, Julio Cesar, Buffon - they will play all the league and european games unless the team is already assured qualification, or the goalkeeper is suspended or injured.
Then you get the teams without massively world class goalkeepers, e.g. Roma, Arsenal, Porto etc. who will have 2 people fighting for the same spot.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
It may be surprising to some that such a consistent goal keeper with the achievements that he has will not be picked for at least a 3rd place spot in his national side, but as it stands there are 2 better keepers ahead of him in contention and with the provisional squad trimming down the chances of De Gea getting the final spot are pretty high.

beef-supreme

It may be surprising to some that such a consistent goal keeper with the achievements that he has will not be picked for at least a 3rd place spot in his national side, but as it stands there are 2 better keepers ahead of him in contention and with the provisional squad trimming down the chances of De Gea getting the final spot are pretty high.

Diego Lopez is more likely to get 3rd spot than De Gea.

Home of Barca Fans