1 - Victor Valdes

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Delighted Valdes is in the 30! Now to pray he gets in the final squad. He's been the best Spanish keeper anywhere this season, so for him to end up behind Reina and Lopez would be a shambles. Deserves a cap in the warm up games too.

It may be surprising to some that such a consistent goal keeper with the achievements that he has will not be picked for at least a 3rd place spot in his national side, but as it stands there are 2 better keepers ahead of him in contention and with the provisional squad trimming down the chances of De Gea getting the final spot are pretty high.

There's no way Reina is better than Valdes. Casillas yes, Reina no.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Reina and De Gea are better choices in my opinion, both have been massive for their respective teams this season, and considering Lopez has more international experience and with rumors about Reina and Valdes not getting along well floating around, it will be extremely unlikely that Valdes will make the final squad.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Valdes has been the most consistent keeper in La Liga, playing for the best side in the league. And it's not exactly his first 'good' season. De Gea has far less experience than Valdes, so other than a baseless rumour about himi and Reina not being buddies there's actually no reason for him to miss out.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
I agree but I don't think Del Bosque will be influenced by any discontent between his second and third choice keeper when making the final cut, yes team harmony is important but not as vital as choosing the right blend of players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
3rd Zamora trophy for Valdes!
He saved us on so many occasions and fully deserves the accolade of best GK in Spain.

barca96

what in the world happened to him in the first 10mins?
lol. i thought to my self, there goes the plane ticket to south africa.lol
superb season!!! without him, we would be in trouble.

iced1776

The fact that he isn't first choice by miles and miles and miles and miles is that international coaches tend to choose based on reputation and not current form, which is ass-backwards if you ask me.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
First 10 minutes were a bit shaky, especially the mistimed ball control in his own box, but other than that was solid enough. Came up with 2-3 saves and deserves at least to be in the WC squad. Great season for him! In my opinion, he's one of the people having contributed the most to winning the league.

Home of Barca Fans