1 - Victor Valdes

R10(FCB)

Crazy
Valdes can save anything but he also can make stupid mistake. He have skills but his confident isn't very good, i think that is his bigest problem.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Why always pulling the confidence card? As long as he does not come out and says he has a confidence problem, there is none for me.

He can save anything, indeed, but he just makes some stupid mistakes or wrong judgments. That's it. Just like any other keeper. For instance: Cech on the EC2008 against Turkey. What a major **** up from one of the best of the world that cost his country.

Valdes has only made one such mistake (combined with a beautiful finish by De La Pena, sadly) this whole season. The rest of the conceded goals were just good and decent goals or faults by our defence (check recent games: There is MORE blame on the defence than purely on Valdes to be honest)

IraqiCulé

Some suggested reading for Victor :lol:

The%20Spanish%20Goalkeeping%20Bible.gif

A.Iniesta

He sometimes save hard balls, But his mistakes cancel all the good performance especially when a mistake worth us a whole tournament,,

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
:icon_neutral:

A bit far-fetched eh? I would never call him a legend. Maybe a solid goalkeeper and better from the likes of Hesp, but never a legend.

We'll this club had two famous points of time where we unbeatable..
The early into mid 90's

and the recent Early to mid 2003-2006 where Valdes was Vital and Key to our success, saved us many countless times and ensured we kept on top.

If not a legend for what he already did then who else deserves to be from that era?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was best when needed. Remember the CL final and Arsenal game? Real Madrid match this season?

Zqa-

True, but you on the other hand win in big games, which is often much more important than other matches.

Barca_Ray_USA

True, but you don`t win La Liga just in big games....

Hm... If I remember correctly... 2 season ago we lost La Liga title exactly because we failed to win against Madrid at Camp Nou. Remember we had same points as the scum and they took the title because of the better h2h?

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Yes, point is Valdes is solid and we can't find any better options at the moment in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans