10 - Ansu Fati

Messigician

"Mendes is angry, he wanted Fati to have a Meniscal allograft transplantation (MAT) which is considered an effective method of biologically reconstructing symptomatic, meniscectomized knees. Instead the club insisted on a short term solution (The removal of Fati's meniscus) he believes this was done as the club intends to sell Fati"

WTF BROS SURELY IT ISN'T TRUE

But where there's smoke...

Ansu Fati's contract ends in 2022, extendable to 2024, according to Bar?a. However, Ansu's representatives believe that he would be free in 2022. There are discrepancies in the interpretation of the FIFA norm and Spanish legislation.

? @SiqueRodriguez

Ansu Fati's recovery has not progressed as expected. Koeman expected him to be available for the match against Granada.

? @fansjavimiguel

.@FApor_elmundo: "To those who ask about the Ansu Fati situation, as to whether he was on the market this summer or not. They should ask Jorge Mendes and the player's father, rather. They might hear an unpleasant surprise."

Bobo32

Huh?

A cruciate Ligament Rupture isn't as bad as a Mensical Laceration Depay was back in half a year. Fati twice as long and 4 surgeries later

Cruciate ligament rupture is usually the worst of the usual knee injuries, where rehab takes the longest.
Until pretty recently, when there was a meniscal problem they just got rid of the whole meniscus and let the player play after what a month or two?
I don't know much about Fatis injury though

Messigician

Cruciate ligament rupture is usually the worst of the usual knee injuries, where rehab takes the longest.
Until pretty recently, when there was a meniscal problem they just got rid of the whole meniscus and let the player play after what a month or two?
I don't know much about Fatis injury though

There's different tiers at the absolute worst like Fati and Umtiti meniscus injuries are among the worst that could happen to an athlete. ACL is bad but usually players recover well

cracken

Huh?

A cruciate Ligament Rupture isn't as bad as a Mensical Laceration Depay was back in half a year. Fati twice as long and 4 surgeries later

"Huh" back at you. ACL is typically the most serious knee injury you could have. Just because you can find examples of players recovering faster than usual doesn't change that fact.

BBZ8800

Did Robben ever have a serious knee injury? he's the only player who seemed unaffected by the slew of injuries he sustained. Every time he just came back the exact same player, it defies logic lol

It seems that Robben only had a shorter knee injury at Chelsea lasting a few weeks.
I haven't checked at Bayern since he was older already.

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] how can I forget, Depay himself went through a serious knee injury and came back at a 100%

Of course, some players return.
Depay was playing again after 7 Months.
Fati is already out for 10 Months and things are postponing all the time.

About Depay, we don't have a larger sample because his injuy was 2 years ago, so we don't know whether he'll get injured again and how long will his career last after the injury.
Batistuta used to take painkillers for his knee before every match and now he is barerly walking.

Anyway, I am just saying, things are probably not 100% as good with fati as they were before the injury and anything is possible.
He could turn into our best player or he could turn into a so-so squad player plagued with injuries, rusty and bad form and confidence problems in the future.

M3ls

Now they write that he will return in October. We need to come to terms with the fact that this guy is over. We must go for Adeyemi

Laplacian

Anyone whom places the hopes of Barcelona's "revival" on 17-19 year old players are living in fantasy, really. 2008-2012 is not going to happen again, and even if it did, it'd take years until they're in their prime for it to work. Barcelona's not going to become competitive based on its starting XI with 8 out of 11 being kids, it's going to be competitive by making strong decisions in their market and rebuilding its squad with players in or nearing their prime. If Barcelona banks on a young player, it'll be a young player in the likes of Camavinga, Haaland, Mbappe or Mason Greenwood with already several seasons worth of experience. Not injury prone players whom made their names off 15 performances.

Richard.H

I think giving him the #10 was so premature and I knew immediately something bad will happen when that announcement was made. Should've let the kid recover first.

Laplacian

I don't think he's finished, I'm not saying that at all. I just think it's weird seeing so many people here and everywhere else expecting him to be this super consistent, borderline/potential world class player responsible for leading Barcelona's forward line at the tender age of 18 when he's spent more time being injured than actually playing for the first team. It's unrealistic. People should calm down with the hype and be realistic.

Home of Barca Fans