10 - Ansu Fati

Windhook

I think as it usually happens in modern football he's suffering from being introduced to senior football too soon. Not saying he wasn't great, but were his fitness levels up to this intensity? We've seen a lot of young talents at age 16-18 explode and fade away quick in football.

At the moment I just hope he returns to playing level, then step by step, little by little, hopefully he'll build the confidence to get to his best. It would be a shame for football to lose such promising talent, Ansu is the Pele type of player and what I would really love to see at Barca.

mc_lovin

I think as it usually happens in modern football he's suffering from being introduced to senior football too soon. Not saying he wasn't great, but were his fitness levels up to this intensity? We've seen a lot of young talents at age 16-18 explode and fade away quick in football.

At the moment I just hope he returns to playing level, then step by step, little by little, hopefully he'll build the confidence to get to his best. It would be a shame for football to lose such promising talent, Ansu is the Pele type of player and what I would really love to see at Barca.

It was an impact injury. Could have happened at Barca B as well. Shit happens.

JohnN

Giving him the no. 10 though is suggesting the team doesn't believe he is done. There is still hope.

BBZ8800

Giving him the no. 10 though is suggesting the team doesn't believe he is done. There is still hope.

Or the marketing trick for fans and socios.
Who is the best option for a No10?
1) either some superstar like Ronaldinho and Messi
2) or La Masia player
3) or a young future gem

Ansu is a no 2 and 3.
Remember that a lot of things in this business are just: politics, marketking and playing with people's dreams, hopes and emotions.

If you want to play mind games with fans, just give No6 and No10 to Riki Puig and Ansu.
Piece of cake 4D chess.

If they fail due to skills or injuries, just give those numbers next season to Gavi and the let's say Haaland.
Job done again, fans are happy and in a dreamland about the bright future.

FinBarcelonafan

Anyone whom places the hopes of Barcelona's "revival" on 17-19 year old players are living in fantasy, really. 2008-2012 is not going to happen again, and even if it did, it'd take years until they're in their prime for it to work. Barcelona's not going to become competitive based on its starting XI with 8 out of 11 being kids, it's going to be competitive by making strong decisions in their market and rebuilding its squad with players in or nearing their prime. If Barcelona banks on a young player, it'll be a young player in the likes of Camavinga, Haaland, Mbappe or Mason Greenwood with already several seasons worth of experience. Not injury prone players whom made their names off 15 performances.

He broke many records. We are not talking about normal prospect/player. Expectations were high for a reason.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What triggered all of this hysteria and typical Barcaforum "doom and gloom" of the last few pages? Him needing a few more weeks before getting ready?

Unless I missed anything, I think it is just the club being careful and cautious and not rushing him.

ajnotkeith

The rumours the club tried to sell Fati were quickly followed by the announcement his return has been extended by another month or two again. Sounds like to me it may have done a lot of damage. Normal, removing your meniscus is a very major surgery and he's so young to be suffering such serious damage. Don't expect him to be the same player.

Birdy

Did Robben ever have a serious knee injury? he's the only player who seemed unaffected by the slew of injuries he sustained. Every time he just came back the exact same player, it defies logic lol

Robben is an interesting case.
He always had his injuries and serious ones.
In his first year at Chelsea he played only 18 games dues to injuries, while in his 3rd year he barely played and got operated on his knee as well.
One of the reasons that Chelsea sold him to RM was his injuries.
This is an old article from 2010 describing his injuries

His injuries actually never stopped, I think he just managed to live with them, recover better, and always be a great player whenever fit.

khaled_a_d

What triggered all of this hysteria and typical Barcaforum "doom and gloom" of the last few pages? Him needing a few more weeks before getting ready?

Unless I missed anything, I think it is just the club being careful and cautious and not rushing him.

Yeah.
It is normal after such injury at his age and long absence that you try to be more cautious.
It isn't just about healing and pain, but you could make changes in his biomechanics in lower body, teach him how to deal with tackles and physical challenges better etc

jamrock

Jamdav as always.

cracken

Nope, cope harder

Cope with what? a moronic take backed by 0 sources/evidence? :lol: sure buddy.

https://www.bannerhealth.com/healthcareblog/teach-me/meniscus-tears-vs-acl-tears

Injuries to the meniscus, whether or not they require surgical treatment, will generally take about three months to resolve. ?In some cases, it may even be quicker,? Dr. Lederman said. ACL injuries tend to take more time. ?Nonoperative treatment will tend to take three to six months, while surgical treatment may be six to 12 months,? Dr. Lederman explained.

thanks for playing.

Home of Barca Fans