10 - Ansu Fati

SmilerBam

Mbappe & Halland resembles at time greats?

No, but Fati is not exactly in their league. Let s say that Fati is to Haaland and Mbappe like Suarez was when comparing to Messi and Ronaldo. Of course, this generation of players are weaker than the one i mentioned. You get the drift. I think if Fati will recover fully and will not have bad injuries again, he ll be a great footballer, among his current peers, but not the best in the world.

jamrock

No, but Fati is not exactly in their league. Let s say that Fati is to Haaland and Mbappe like Suarez was when comparing to Messi and Ronaldo. Of course, this generation of players are weaker than the one i mentioned. You get the drift. I think if Fati will recover fully and will not have bad injuries again, he ll be a great footballer, among his current peers, but not the best in the world.

Okay that's w fear assessment, I understand your point.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, for now he lacks the quickness/speed/strength to be the best, but he will naturally improve those when he gets older. He is so young in the end. His finishing is top top though.

malvolio

It's early but this guy misses very few chances to score.

always been like this with him. either he scores from the first shot on goal or has an anonymous showing missing every chance and shooting instead of passing to a better placed team mate.

FC B

Scored from a fantastic shot with power, precision and placement. It's pretty hard to do so when the ball is in the air.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Very high degree of difficulty/skill to convert a deflected shot like that and at pace. It's the big footnote of the night, for me. Despite moments of great play as against Alaves, there were not a lot of great scoring chances created much less converted

This has to be improve and I have no doubt it will under Xavi - the question is really more about goalscorers who will be clinical and whether there enough of them in the squad atm

Zidane82

Yeah I?m seeing good to great in Fati but not ELITE World Class - kinda at the Patrick Kluivert level ?

Haaland is different again ... special, special player and a level or two above Mbappe imho

SmilerBam

Yeah, for now he lacks the quickness/speed/strength to be the best, but he will naturally improve those when he gets older. He is so young in the end. His finishing is top top though.

No, i think speed is innate. Don't think he will improve that much in that aspect. Strenght, yeah, he could use a bit moe strenght, but i don't want him to be bulky either. Like i said,he appears to be a lesser version of Raul. Which it means he will bang the goals, and it also means that he will need at least one better player with him in attack. He will not be the the one man attack that people dream about. More like a supporting very good player.

SmilerBam

Yeah I?m seeing good to great in Fati but not ELITE World Class - kinda at the Patrick Kluivert level ?

Haaland is different again ... special, special player and a level or two above Mbappe imho

Yeah, Haaland should be unstopable for the next few years. Mbappe has stagnated at QSG. We'll see how he does at Real Madrid. We will have to recover soon financially,because we really need to buy better players than what we currently have.

FinBarcelonafan

No, i think speed is innate. Don't think he will improve that much in that aspect. Strenght, yeah, he could use a bit moe strenght, but i don't want him to be bulky either. Like i said,he appears to be a lesser version of Raul. Which it means he will bang the goals, and it also means that he will need at least one better player with him in attack. He will not be the the one man attack that people dream about. More like a supporting very good player.

They will make him a beast. Compare Dembele when he first signed with Barca and now. Massive difference. Not too worried really.

Fati will never be speedster like Haaland/Mbappe, but I don't think he has to.

OGbarca

Banned

very nicely put. i agree 100%

a nice goal there, though, yesterday. i imagine he will be the saving grace this season on those occasions we can fight for a win

Porque

We absolutely need to be patient with Fati in terms of his overall game. He was out for so long that this whole season should be a period of patience really.

Of course with our lack of firepower and the clubs demands for results, we can't really afford not to have expectations.

For me though, I don't really care if he has bad games individually as he needs to get match rhythm, fitness, understanding and recovery.

It is incredible how good his finishing is despite the layoff. 3 exquisite goals with 2 being key to victory.

Home of Barca Fans