10 - Ansu Fati

Windhook

In my view what made Ansu special early in pre-injury times was what they call his type "fox in the box". Quick feet in static situations and positioning to shoot the ball immediately before defenders can react.

The rest is fairy tales based on Messi embracing the kid on social media, when he debuted.

Sooke

Here is Ansumane's stats for 2022-2023 season:

La Liga: 21 games played - 3 goals scored

Champions League: 6 games - 0 goals

Copa del Rey: 3 games - 2 goals

Supercopa de Espana: 2 games - 1 goal

Europa League: 2 games - 0 goals

Now. Just don't bring that ...." well, but how many minutes did he play in these games?" It is not our fault that he is a bench warmer. Ansu just does not have the quality to be a starter for a top team.

delancey

Rashford had 5 goals last season. A managerial change and he is now scoring in every game. I am not saying that it is a fair comparison, as Fati has had gruesome injuries, and besides: Fati is Fati and Rashford is Rashford. With that said, The Barcelona hierarchy saw enough potential in him to offer him a long-term mega contract. So perhaps a managerial change or a different approach/staff could bring the best out of him too?

Edit: point is, I don?t think we should give up on him. Not yet.

Last edited:

vegitot

Rashford had 5 goals last season. A managerial change and he is now scoring in every game. I am not saying that it is a fair comparison, as Fati has had gruesome injuries, and besides: Fati is Fati and Rashford is Rashford. With that said, The Barcelona hierarchy saw enough potential in him to offer him a long-term mega contract. So perhaps a managerial change or a different approach/staff could bring the best out of him too?

Edit: point is, I don?t think we should give up on him. Not yet.

Rashford scored 20 goals + in more than 1 season before. So it isn't just he suddenly scores now. He has that. Just cause of injuries and there was a big bum held him back last season.

Horatio

You're welcome
Fati was never a player with super pace. People now blame injuries but the fact is he isn't slower now than he was pre injury

You're right. I remember people were betting on him growing faster as he was still young or something. I dunno how that works...

Masetro10

I think what we all forget is a lot of those goals were because he had Messi on the team with him. Messi makes the game easier for everyone around him. Without Messi what are Fati's stats I wonder

Sooke

I think what we all forget is a lot of those goals were because he had Messi on the team with him. Messi makes the game easier for everyone around him. Without Messi what are Fati's stats I wonder

I agree about Messi, but let's be honest. Fati was never a great player, even with Leo around. He is just over-rated and over-paid because he is La Masia product.
Look above. I have brought all Fati's stats for this season. Do you like them? Do you think we should keep him around for 5 more years?

vuji_31

To bad we didn't get Rashford year before, with him on LW, Dembele on RW and Auba/Lewa we would have currently best attack in the world.

Now we are stuck with worthless Fati, Ferran and overpaid Rapinha.

Home of Barca Fans