10 - Ansu Fati

vegitot

This "stoling Lewy's header" is your definition of being arrogant? :lol:

It's normal for players to try and get to these balls as they don't know what's going on behind their backs. It's no guarantee Lewy would actually get to that ball and even less he'd score.

No. Just look at his play. He seems to act like the protagonist and the centre of universe. Has workrate of retired player despite being 20.

Sooke

Yes, he pushed Fati because the ball was coming to his head and would have been 100% goal. Instead, Ansumane barely reached the ball which went over the bar.

Sooke

Fati is not 20 he is 19. He is just one spoiled and overrated player. Nothing else.
Players like him and S.Roberto came to the first team by order from the front office. They need to show the World that La Masia is working and still producing talents. Yes, Balde, Gavi and Pedri are showing some talent nowadays, but Ansumane, just 19 y.o. and is already injury prone. Today, Friday, Feb.24 he suffered another injury and it is not clear how many games he will miss. Laporta has to make sure that Fati and F.Torres are out from the squad in the summer. Enough is enough.

Sooke

I would rather get a proper LW or two and a striker with some pace and size.

Man I used to be his biggest fan and hyped him up when he was still at Barca B doing their pre-season and Juvenil A, but I just don't see it anymore with him. It's just sad at this point, but I won't be against a loan if he struggles till the summer.

Same here. We need to sell or loan him somewhere.

We could have got 100m for him. FUCKIN 100m... But nooo, we are not selling club. We just sell our revenue for like 25y.

That is 100 % true bro. We could get that money very easily. I hope Laporta can fix his mistake this summer.

Windhook

Speed merchants are everywhere.

Once they get some kilos up it's over.

Looking at your avatar got me thinking - all greats in football, Messi, Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Garrincha, Zidane, Beckenbauer, Zico, Ronaldinho, Platini, Figo, Laudrup, Modric, Hagi, Stoichkov, Nedved, Del Piero, Gullit, Rijkaard and so on... none of them were considered speed merchants. Technical players with high football IQ.

Ronaldo and Cristiano Ronaldo are the few specimen that dominated with physicality early on in their careers.

Nazario1985

Looking at your avatar got me thinking - all greats in football, Messi, Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Garrincha, Zidane, Beckenbauer, Zico, Ronaldinho, Platini, Figo, Laudrup, Modric, Hagi, Stoichkov, Nedved, Del Piero, Gullit, Rijkaard and so on... none of them were considered speed merchants. Technical players with high football IQ.

Ronaldo and Cristiano Ronaldo are the few specimen that dominated with physicality early on in their careers.

I think we can already add Mbappe, he is smart enough to adapt when he'll became older & heavier

Legends of football adapt their style with the years.

KingLeo10

I think Messi, R10, and Pele in that list are overlooked for their physical gifts in their prime.

Messi had probably the best on ball acceleration of all time in his physical prime (R10 is also in contention). R10 was a physical specimen before he stopped caring full time about football

Pele doesn't seem impressive compared to modern era, but in his era, he was a physical specimen with remarkable leaping ability and acceleration on the ball. He was futuristic AF for the 50s and 60s.

But I agree with a lot of others like Cruyff, ZZ, Modric, Zico, Platini etc.

Zidane82

Breaking news-

Ansu Fati has picked up a knee injury during training and won't be available for the foreseeable future

serghei

Imo, he is quite cocky, but that's not the main issue with him. Forwards are usually confident and cocky. The problem is that his finishing currently makes his past level seem like a purple patch, not some proof of elite potential.

He still takes shots, he still gets in good positions, but the shots themselves look bad. I think we got excited too early with this kid.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans