10 - Ansu Fati

Porque

Brighton wouldn't be loaning him at 75/80% of his high wage if they didn't think he could bring something top to the 11.

No buy option in the deal either. Their not going to throw away 10m, when that could be used for a data driven high potential player from SA/BeNeLux/etc.

Nazario1985

Xavi rate him at all compared to other Bareclona players in the same position

he will be a good Squad player for Brighton, unless a complete transformation

mesiesta

He will never start over Mitoma, and he can't 9 in La Liga let alone EPL. Despite liking Brighton a lot, I'm not sure the EPL was a good move for him. He's been really soft and lazy off the ball since coming back from injury. Hope he proves me wrong. Italy would of been a better place for his development.

He would never start over Son too in Tottenham.
Maybe he can start over Wellbeck, let's see.

Gnidrologist

It's better for him to flop at Brighton so that we know definitely that he is flop, than to keep him under a tutelage of clueless coach, who could never bring the best out of him so we would never know.

Porque

Felix flopped and Mendes Is close to moving him to us, or failing that Saudi.

Ansu would probably get a Sevilla loan or Portugal with 50-60% wage paid even if he doesn't do well.

There's still slower leagues and teams that would be interested.

But of course gone would be the idea of a big sale or shot back here.

Still, Brighton is a great environment for him. If he can't make it there (provided he avoids injuries) then he wouldn't really make it anywhere.

Andresito

Staff member
Kinda hoping we're keeping an eye on De Zerbi as well. If he manages to make Ansu cook then at least he's doing something right because if Ansu is going to work well for this Brighton side it will take more than just getting selected into the XI. There will be more tactics and instructions and no more casual strolling in defence compared to before.

I'm hoping he'll be educated and for that he needs a lot of regular minutes and a coach who knows what he's doing. Also curious to what position he'll mainly play as Mitoma regularly played 90 min last year. Now with Europa, Ansu probably will have his minutes split at LW, CAM and CF, just hope he gets continuity.

If he fails, he fails. At least he'll have given it a try. Better that than us expecting a new Ansu every summer in hope that he can reach his potential by playing 30 minutes per week.

Messi983

Brighton could play 50-60 games this season, there should be enough minutes for Ansu.

also, Mitoma will leave for Asian Cup in January and Adingra will probably go to AFCON (if Ivory Coast qualifies) so that will be his chance to fully establish himself in the lineup. But before that let's just hope he adapts fast and most important, stays healthy.

serghei

Nobody wanted to pay for him anyway. It's not like we got offers to sell but decided to loan him to fucking Brighton.

It's because he got overrated to high heavens based basically on some great goals vs La Liga dross. As if the guy scored some hattrick in some CL quarterfinal vs Bayern or something. This goes right down to the core of Barca's fiber as a club, it's just not a club used to manufacture success in an institutional way. Quite lacking pragmatism and realism.

It's all fine though, Barca always was for me a dreamy club that occasionally gets it brilliantly right, but most of the time they make bad decisions, the 2-3 truly legendary periods in the club's history have been tied to 4-5 genius individuals that transformed their eras and this club as a whole. Not much beyond that.

So cases like Ansu are par for the course basically. Maybe we learn from that and don't repeat it with this Lamal kid, but I am skeptical. I already see fans wanting to give the no10 shirt to this child. :lol: Only thing that's left is 2-3 knee injuries in the following years and we are set.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Fati came through and made a huge impact for his age and folk were excited from there.

There have bene far worse players than him who some over rated to high heaven.

Lets see how he does at Brighton and is as poor as made out. He wont get a better chance to prove himself under a top attacking coach in highest profile league. Now its on him to show why thinks deserves more time at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans